Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals,

I am selling my beloved near immaculate BLACK!! CBR1100xx as i want to get a bmw.... i know i know but its horses for courses.

Bike is 06 model and is mechanically perfect with a recent (400km ago) full service with motul 5100 oil, ngk iridium plugs, factory honda oil filter, and cleaned and reoiled the k&n air filter.
Full service history, Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyres, 87000km (mostly steady touring) and its performance reflects that :) Will lift the front on pure acceleration in first three gears (not used for stunts ever) but you quickly become aware of this when accelerating..... bike has way too much power for my abilities :(

Bike has the following modifications (improvements rather then hp gains):
K&N Air Filter
Dark double bubble screen
clear front and rear indicators (smoke clear)
carbon fibre chain guard
carbon fibre tank protector
Clear rear lens
Front carbon fender extender
Ventura Rack (number 14)
12 volt socket (under seat) .... very handy to charge mobile while touring :)
Custom plates (suitable for blackbird, will tell in private message)

I would like to mention that this bike originated in NSW and was declared repairable writeoff (ridiculous light damage as listed below). Before you shy away i can assure you that the damage was cosmetic and have all photos of parts and pictures of it when i first bought it (im the second owner).
I have all papers that i did to get my VIV and change of registration has no difference to any other bike......

Damage that the bike had:
both mufflers scratched (replaced with immaculate factory ones)
RH Mirror damaged glass (replaced with perfect SH one)
LH mirror carrier snapped (replaced with brand new one)
Slight graze marks in the paint on the Left hand side (mostly polished out though some light marks remain near fairing mount.... athough superficial)
Slight graze marks in the paint on the Right hand side with small 2cm puncture in the fairing (thats hardly noticable at all) .... All Polished out except the puncture but its not noticable

I AM HAPPY FOR THE BIKE TO BE TESTED BY ANY REPUTABLE MECHANIC AROUND AND AM CONFIDENT THEY WILL GIVE IT A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH :)

Three options(all with 12mths Reg):
1. Bike AS-IS.... needs rear tyre and replacement rear led light for a RWC $7500
2. Bike with RWC and new rear Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Pilot Power 2 at new owners discretion $8200
3. Bike fully resprayed (baked 2 pac) with RWC and choice of tyres $9000

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Nice Bird, however, omg you guys are being burned on the price of bikes down under, imho.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Yeah its a little steep cb,ozChris for a bike thats titled repairable shouldnt be as expensive as is, i know youve done a few mods and it looks great it will always have that stigma about it when a vin and history check is done,good luck if you get that price anyway,i could be wrong,cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am negotiable, plus anybody that is worried about a bike with full books and photographic proof there was no serious damage should look elsewhere.

Ive done about the equivalent damage to my zx9r when it fell off the stand and guess what no VIV there.
I am looking for a damaged K1200GT as it works out a little cheaper and minimal damage bikes are safe as hell :)

What do you think i should be asking for it? btw its insure for $12000!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw the photo of the side of the bike still has the scrapes.............they are so minor almost nobody noticed them EVER!
i saw no reason to repair them

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
What do you think i should be asking for it? btw its insure for $12000!!!
This isnt an answer to your question but may give you an indication..

I paid $9800 (dealer wanted $10600) for my XX 4.5 years ago. It was in showroom condition then (parked alongside all the brand new 2007 models and you couldnt pick it as used) and she is still in the same condition now albeit with a much higher klm count.

But hey.. i am a firm believer in a bike isnt worth what you or anyone you know thinks its worth.. Its worth EXACTLY what you can get someone to pay for it. And they are often not the same thing... lol

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Ugly your just lying there...
I am sure you bird is now MUCHO CLEANER than a new one...

SPAST!

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh well if you look around you will notice the ones that are in pretty crappy condition sell for under $7000!!! seen a few, nothing worthwhile plus not one pre 2003 bike for that price
all the late fuel injected bikes are pretty much the pick for real road riding as nothing really goes wrong internally and carbies dont need tuning.
Also the replacement bike (vfr1200) may be a nice bike to ride but compared to the blackbird its like comparing a fat pimply chick to a supermodel!!! somehow i think honda have lost their mind.
Either way i predict within 3 mths bike is gone :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts