Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow fighter pilots! As promised I have a couple of "sneak" night shots! And will be posting day shots minus the Beetle bags once I have new smoked turn signals... This project for the most part was lot of fun. And I hope you enjoy the finish product! As for myself, will be working on couple things that are an "irritant" such as the colour of the decals... Move air horn, change a couple of wing panels(original generic wing is half the thickness of Vvivid vinyl and tears easily). And as usual, learned a crap load of stuff and connected with some kool people on this site!
THANK U ALL!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
That's gonna draw some attention!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank YOU very much fellow fighter pilots! Greg.r, Malo, Beestoys and o4xx! Glad it's over!...For the most part! Lol Malo my man! Day pics are coming! Just waiting on smoked turn signals.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good.I'm glad you have to keep it clean
Yep! The white forces me to basically wipe down before each ride! which I have absolutely no problem with. Oh! just remembered something! Great trick I just learned from a colleague at work... There are quite a few high performance wax and the like on the market to keep your bike looking shiny and "New". A product that is way cheaper than these high performance wax. Stainless steel cleaner! You can get it in any hardware store. Looks milky and comes in spray bottle or pressurized can. And does an AMAZING job of cleaning WITHOUT water. Spray it, wipe it then buff! I'm tellin ya you'l be surprised with the results!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I also like those wings.

For plastics I spray with Mr Muscle. or Pledge furniture polish, whichever I can pick up cheap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Drugy and Pugwash! The wings really brings out the bird! MMmmm never thought about furniture polish... Which will also leave a nice shine and repel water and some dirt.

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
Yep but be very careful makes everything slick as all hell. Tank bags tend not to stick well if they have neoprene and magnets lol. Also can be a bit tricky if you use the tank for a occasional handhold lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep but be very careful makes everything slick as all hell. Tank bags tend not to stick well if they have neoprene and magnets lol. Also can be a bit tricky if you use the tank for a occasional handhold lol.
Oh ya! Know that too!

·
Registered
185 Posts
:evilaugh:....... now that's a big statement :thumb:........... you've lost your 'stealth' factor....... "officer - it was a black bike with white wings....." :evilaugh::evilaugh:

So you have to be good from now on eh? :eyebrows:

I found the tank wasn't any good for a magnetic tank bag as there was no fairing brace to stop the TB from slipping on to the steering head..... best to use the tank cover style clip on bag or a strap on style or the Givi quick release tank ring type.

:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hello fellow fighter pilots! Been away for far too long! Unfortunately not of my own doing... Last 6 months have been quite an emotional roller-coaster! CBR aside... Have two family members with full blown Dementia(Aunt & uncle) of which one I had to take care and my Beautiful Mum passing away. Throw into the mix, finish work at night started coming home via autoroute. Travelling in the third lane doing 100 kph and coming up on two cars in the middle lane when without warning the second card decides to overtake the first car!!! No way!! He didn't see me!! No way! He didn't hear me!!! BAM!!!!! Bike is DONE! I came out of with 3 broken toes and blunt trauma to my right butt cheek and lower back! Will be off work for a awhile. All considered I'm very lucky! Hey! I'm here tella ya my story! Lolol AND now waiting on insurance for compensation... I will NEVER get the full value of the time and $$$ put into it(For those who have have been following my makeover) However, I'm seriously considering starting allll over again. Already have eyes on a couple birds. Okay enuff of the dark and gloomy! Here are some pics taken before the accident. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to take pictures in all it's configurations!

CBR 6.jpg

CBR 4.jpg

CBR 8.jpg
Star Wars Theme
Turn signals - Storm-troopers, Oil light - Darth Vador, Side stand light - Darth Maul

CBR 9.jpg

CBR 10.jpg

CBR 11.jpg

CBR 12.jpg

20190812_161617.jpg

20190812_161601.jpg

20190812_161628.jpg

20190812_161958.jpg

20190812_161551.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
Damn sorry to hear about the Noob puling out but glad you walked away with minor injuries. Heal and have at it again my friend. Also found a way to imbed metalflake into black so that it only comes up in direct light. Give me a holler and I'll text you how for your next one.

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
Here is the effect it gives. Looks black until the light hits it. Different light sources and angles give different reactions.

https://youtu.be/-BhJPN4ewGA

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thank you Beestoys and Bigmc. Wow! Paint really looks good! The complete fairing kit I ordered comes in Black gloss. Once I apply the different stickers, I will then have it clear coated...

Purchased close to 90% of all the extra parts l'll need to start allllll over again!. Next will be buying the bird, which should be in hand by mid Jan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
V sorry to hear all that (wholly identify with you on all counts). Great you are in one piece and fab that you'll crack on with #2.

All the best - M1
Hey Malo my good man! Thank YOU! On all counts! For understanding. Or anyone that has gone through that kind of...Life stuff. Yep #2 is on the way! Still have yet to buy the bird but it's waiting for me! Now have 95% of the parts I'll need. But will have to take the bike apart from front to back to clean inspect replace and so forth... Including powder coating parts.THEN start cosmetic, minor electrical and minor mechanical upgrades as per my first "New Monster". This time around should quicker since I don't have any major work to do on the Givi and beetles bags, for the most part they are 98% complete. So, will be concentrating mainly on the bike itself.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts