Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought...

Does anybody know if you could use the fork internals and slides from a CBR and put them in CB1300 lowers?

Obviously would need wheel, spindle etc from a CB1300 too.

But this would then mean I could keep my andreani cartridges, keep the correct fork length, and have more options for better de-linked brakes

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
801 Posts
The BB and the CB1300 both have damper rod forks that are secured by m8 bolts.
They are both 43mm forks

I would say there is a pretty good chance you could drop the andreani cartridges from BB forks in to the CB1300 forks and run them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BB and the CB1300 both have damper rod forks that are secured by m8 bolts.
They are both 43mm forks

I would say there is a pretty good chance you could drop the andreani cartridges from BB forks in to the CB1300 forks and run them.
That was my thinking, but that's about as far as my knowledge took me. Surely the fork lowers are all equal in the inside.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
…... Surely the fork lowers are all equal in the inside....
Have you checked the length of the bushing? As you will probably know these changed on the Bird, the inj got a longer bushing to better resist the loadings. So whilst the Bird lowers look identical (as do the CB1300 and Bird) there may be subtle differences.

There may be a mix'n'match solution or the Bird equipment may simply fit, I have no idea since I have never looked at CB1300 forks.

IMHO the only real way you are going to find out is to get a CB1300 fork bottom and get the measuring tools out...… seems a feasible conversion to me but as always 'the devil is in the detail'.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
… Obviously would need wheel, spindle etc from a CB1300 too....
Second thought, is the spacing between the forks the same on CB1300 and Bird? If not you will run 'problems' here.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the spacing is the same, as the cb1300 top yoke is a perfect fit.

I seem to remember someone posting on here that a cbr600f4 wheel is a direct swap with the bird, as they also have 43mm forks perhaps they would be a better candidate, at least then I wouldn't need a new wheel.

The only reason I thought of the cb1300 is because I'm sure I read on here that there are certain 6 pot calipers that are a direct bolt on to them forks.

I will keep my eyes open for a pair of either at a reasonable (cheap) price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Afternoon Greg.r, Any update on your fork conversion? Did it work? I'm toying with the idea of fitting CB1300 forks in to my bird for a better choice of caliper as I've already delinked the brakes and want some calipers that are a bit beefier.
Be interested to know how you got on. Some pics be nice.
Ride safe, stay safe.
Best regards,
Woody.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Afternoon Greg.r, Any update on your fork conversion? Did it work? I'm toying with the idea of fitting CB1300 forks in to my bird for a better choice of caliper as I've already delinked the brakes and want some calipers that are a bit beefier.
Be interested to know how you got on. Some pics be nice.
Ride safe, stay safe.
Best regards,
Woody.
Woody,

I haven't found a set of forks at a reasonable enough price for me to take a punt yet, as soon as I do then I will post my results on here.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
According to Brook Suspension CB1300 and CBR1100XX cartridge kits are different product codes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to Brook Suspension CB1300 and CBR1100XX cartridge kits are different product codes.

Would that not be because the forks are different lengths?

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
Would that not be because the forks are different lengths?
Could be many things, length, weight distribution of the bike, type of riding the bikes are made for etc

·
Registered
268 Posts
The CBR600F4 front wheel is identical to the FI bird, but the CBR600F4i is different.
The F4 forks are slightly shorter, and the XX stanchions are not compatible with the F4 lowers due to the F4 compression damping adjustment (it's complicated).

If the CB1300 doesn't have compression adjustment on the fork lowers it should work. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do a hybrid CB1300 and XX fork by mixing bits and pieces.
And as mentioned earlier the CB1300 upper triple is a direct swap ( and has built in bar risers, great for straight bar conversion). (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts