Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm Brand new to the world of CBR black birds, had mine literally one month. I have been reading through various threads. I have a 2007 blackbird euro spec. I understand that the there are 2 cat's one either side in the very first section of the main muffler on the standard exhaust. So if I replace the exhaust with aftermarket exhaust this would remove the CAT's! Would my bike still pass the MOT in the uk? More importantly will it affect how the bike runs?
Please help! this new boy with info

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome BB Kent,

Soz I cant comment re your two questions but if you are Kent based and likely to come up to town, remember the London ULEZ is now in force (and Heathrow may be following suit).

FI birds are clean enough to get exemptions (avoids the £11.50 per day 24/7/365 charge). Certificates can be got direct from Honda. You may wish to factor this into your choice of changing cans inc/ exc cats going forward if ULEZ is likely to be applicable to you.

Cheers Mallow1.

PS if you do take your cans off I may be interested in "borrowing" them to put on my carb version for a day should I take it to the only test centre that'll check bikes for ULEZ compliance. I'm trying to work out how I can get cats into my carb bike for the least dosh for the test.

PS massive thread on ULEZ here, just give it a search on this site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice but i do not think i will be ging into london on my bike if I can help it. I perfer the open road. I have only ridden in central london once it was horrible, fumey and everyone trying to kill me lol, give me a nice blast to the coast any day. I do like the look and sound of the SP engineering stubby exhaust in Carbon. Ant thoughts anyone ?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi All
I'm Brand new to the world of CBR black birds, had mine literally one month. I have been reading through various threads. I have a 2007 blackbird euro spec. I understand that the there are 2 cat's one either side in the very first section of the main muffler on the standard exhaust. So if I replace the exhaust with aftermarket exhaust this would remove the CAT's! Would my bike still pass the MOT in the uk? More importantly will it affect how the bike runs?
Please help! this new boy with info
Yes on mot, no difference in running- been using non cat on cat bikes since 2002. They don't melt your heels!

·
Super Moderator
12,518 Posts
Agree with Krisbiker2, currently emissions don't play a part in the MOT so no issues there.
The lamda valve is located in the link pipes so if this is staying in place there shouldn't be any running issues. (if you do get to removing the lamda valve just use one of these https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/29343 )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts