Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I'm doing up a 96 carby cbr1100xx.
I'm going to use the standard carby headers with quill or staintune pipes and KN filter.
Whet kind of jet kit would anyone recommend ie factory pro,Power commanderEtc.
And if you have the mods done already ehat are the jet settings that you guys are using?
Has anyone used the Factory pro ignition advacer+4 degrees?
If so what is your opinion.
Regards Tony

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Tony,
I'm running 145-150-150-145 mains with gutted cans and Piper Cross filter. Bike runs pretty well but I do wonder if I have any performance gain.
The k&n might breathe too well and you may have steady speed issues.
If you just change the pipes and keep the standard air filter you should be ok.

Sent from my LM-G810 using Tapatalk

·
BirdDog
556 Posts
Hi everyone.
I'm doing up a 96 carby cbr1100xx.
I'm going to use the standard carby headers with quill or staintune pipes and KN filter.
Whet kind of jet kit would anyone recommend ie factory pro,Power commanderEtc.
And if you have the mods done already ehat are the jet settings that you guys are using?
Has anyone used the Factory pro ignition advacer+4 degrees?
If so what is your opinion.
Regards Tony
I would stick with stock jetting but at the least, stay with OEM/Stock air filter; opening a can of worms with the carbie!
If you can outride the performance of stock, join the MOTO GP!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would stick with stock jetting but at the least, stay with OEM/Stock air filter; opening a can of worms with the carbie!
If you can outride the performance of stock, join the MOTO GP!
You really need to keep the stock airbox and go with a Dynojet carb tuning kit. The kit includes jet needles diaphram springs, and main jets. NOTE: their jet flow numbering system is different than stock and the MJ's are NOT interchangable. They will give recommended settings for common mods. I don't remember the number of the kit, but check with Dinojet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its been a few years since I traded up to FI but as I recall Dynojet required you to drill the slides? I could be totally off base so I went with factory pro on my old '97

·
Registered
8 Posts
I jetted my 97 at least 20 years ago so I don't remember the numbers but I used the Dynojet kit per their recommendations including where to set the screws. I also have the K&N replacement filter and Yosh slip-ons and it runs perfect. It also did away with the factory flat spot in the mid rpm range. As far as drilling holes, the early year had smaller holes, so you just enlarged them a tiny amount if I remember correctly, no big deal.
I also have a ignition advacer+4 degrees. To tell the truth, I didn't notice much improvement although there may have been a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts