Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I noticed my rev counter works intermittently and so removed my dash clocks to see what's wrong,and noticed corrosion on the track that goes to the rev counter.

Is there a company that could repair this or do I just look for a 2nd hand set of clocks ?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
It's a common problem in our climes and chances are if you buy a second had set of clocks the PCB will be as bad!
I performed a temporary fix for the fuel gauge some years ago and then forgot about it for several years while I sourced a perfect PCB.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Hi, I noticed my rev counter works intermittently and so removed my dash clocks to see what's wrong,and noticed corrosion on the track that goes to the rev counter.

Is there a company that could repair this or do I just look for a 2nd hand set of clocks ?

Cheers
FI or carb? Got some here if you are stuck.

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
What Duck has done is a perfect fix for most. You can also solder bridge the foil if you use a very low heat soldering iron and care.
Also there is a connector in the main harness that is identical to the ground plug we have all had issues with.
This plug though is not a ground but in fact a power buss. I had some issues with my 2K a few years back and traced it to this critter as the culprit. Here's a link to the thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For carby mate. The small screws with washers that are on the track are rotten also. How much posted bud?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Duck has done is a perfect fix for most. You can also solder bridge the foil if you use a very low heat soldering iron and care.
Also there is a connector in the main harness that is identical to the ground plug we have all had issues with.
This plug though is not a ground but in fact a power buss. I had some issues with my 2K a few years back and traced it to this critter as the culprit. Here's a link to the thread.

That's a great write up and fix for the wiring repair. I'll have a look at my wiring again tomorrow.

World of knowledge this forum is..👍

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
Your quite welcome good sir. Enjoy your Bird.

Reactions: adeyren

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for sharing Bees. Going to check my Bird but surprised an Arizona Birdie had this problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
A word of warning @Argyll1974 before you do anything with your clocks check that the tip of your screwdriver is not magnetic. I posted a vid 'recently' where my dials went weird after one of the screws became magnetic due to the screwdriver I used. :oops:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the heads up 👍 I'll check my screwdriver before removing the terminal screws.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Cheers

Cheers
I had a nasty accident with my 2000 Bird and the complete cluster was totaled along with the front shocks and triple tee. I replaced everything except the cluster cos I couldn't find one within my budget.

So I rebuilt and rewired the dash with a completely digital unit .Not only does it looks more modern, it's more functional than the OEM cluster and way cheaper.i got everything less than $50 brand new compared to the hundreds of $$$ they were asking for the OEM stuff.
With this cluster I get all the info the OEM cluster gives me plus digitaltemp readout in deg C, engine oil pressure,and battery voltage. The cluster comes along with all the sensors you need to replace on the bike. See pic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts