Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I want to synchronize my Carb´s - I think that it does not run smooth enough - and it uses to much gasoline, and smooks "a lot" when I pass 9.000 rpm :crap:.
I bought the vacuum gauge from Jaws - And got the Haynes book and the manual, but want to here you guys if there is anything that I need to be aware of? hopefully this tread should end up whit a "how to" video manual - hope you guys will take the time to post your tips and tricks about this - remember I am a total noob - but love :inlove: my bird and It must run just perfect...... :) :)

/R

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
I've got an FI nike, so it'll be different. Not much to it, but blanking off the PAIRS (or whatever the equivalent on a carb bike is) is a bit of a PITA.

I will say, however, if the vac take off points are in the same place, be careful not to drop the screw in plugs or gaskets! IIRC, they are aluminium so a magnet won't get them back - they go down behind the starter motor never to be seen again!

Always a good thing, synched carbs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys

Well I got around to synced my carbs
- and took some pictures and a little mowie - it was pretty easy - but i had a good friend to help me this first time... :)
link to a little video - not good but we where in a hurry...

Honda Blackbird - sync_Carbs - YouTube
and...
Honda Blackbird - sync_Carbs_2 - YouTube

Still pictures..
http://www.cbrxx.com/members/12946-albums678.html

And now I got my own vacuum gauges... soooo my carbs will always be in sync... :smilebig:
and If you guys pass trough DK... come in - and I will sync yours to....:O

/R

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I see no value in blocking off the pairs. No "knowledgeable" Honda tech, with many years of experience has suggested other wise.

·
Registered
353 Posts
CanadianBird said:
Re: Carburetor synchroniz
I see no value in blocking off the pairs. No "knowledgeable" Honda tech, with many years of experience has suggested other wise.]​

I believe he meant to disconnect the PAIRS hoses before performing the sync maintenance (per the service manual), not permanently disabling it.​

·
Registered
597 Posts
Top banana ! U da man its threads like this that make this site so awesome !! Where did u get the kit from ? Do u have a link to the seller as you have given me the confidence to do mine now ! Cheers

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I have the same kit but have found the pipes perish pretty quickly .... also why do you have a different valve in No.3.

I always sync mine with the airbox on .... and I have a scottoiler which does make a difference to the carb balance, can never get it quite right with the scottoiler ... without it yes.

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
link to a little video - not good but we where in a hurry...
What a jolly lot. Couldn't understand a word. But it sounded like fun.

Reactions: denh
1 - 9 of 9 Posts