Honda CBR XX Forum banner

miles on my carb:

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
But replacing the carbs is something you'll squeeze in between doing the dishes and taking out the trash?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Heisti, if you strip the carbs enough to get the needles out, they should be smooth with no notches or shiney(er) signs of wear. The jets should be perfectly round & not oval at all. I'm not a carb expert, but I have stripped & rebuilt a couple of banks, so any experts feel free to add info or corrections here! :)

Might also just be dirt clogging something up. I've had a bit of success with a couple that couldn't be balanced by giving them 1/2 hour in an ultrasonic cleaner.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I don't know the kilometers but I get around 140 - 150 miles a tank if I'm careful ... driving sensible I can get nearly 130 miles before light comes on, If I am 2 up its about 120 miles when the light comes on, but if I'm riding single and riding normally it's about 100 miles ..... Sounds pretty normal I know but it's the delivery of power thats the problem ..... and I think it is jetting that is the issue, power is not smooth, it is lumpy from 2.5 to 3.5 k revs and then hesitates for a second and takes off .....

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
No I still have on going issues with my carbs, so If you do not want your old ones I will gladly take them :)

I recommend that you get yours running nicely before hand in case you want to switch back to the old ones :)

21 - 40 of 62 Posts