Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
馃弽Bird 1 - Carb 1998 馃弽Bird 2 - Carb 1998
Case solved.

The diaphragms I have are 65mm. I have reached out to the eBay seller (who despite being in annual leave, did reply couple hours later)
He thinks that the rubber should sit in the grove and should be 72mm.

I did measure it just now and it is correct. He promised to post new diaphragms asap.
The downside is that my Bird1 is abroad and will have to wait until next time I can take travel again.

Wood Measuring instrument Tool Wood stain Hardwood

Camera lens Motor vehicle Reflex camera Camera Digital camera

Registered
Good that the seller has admitted you have the wrong ones.
Bad that you will have to wait to get your BB running again.
Hopefully the new ones work as expected and your issues are over.

Registered
Good that the seller has admitted you have the wrong ones.
Bad that you will have to wait to get your BB running again.
Hopefully the new ones work as expected and your issues are over.
Yep, I was quite pleased with his response, considering that I have ordered the diaphragms almost 1 year ago.
The issue is that Bird1 lives in the south of Europe in the sunny weather and I can only work on her when I travel abroad.
I will for now, fit the old diaphragm so I can ride it and test the other changes I made (new cooling system pipes and thermo switch, new xenon headlight, new original screen and dashboard LED bulbs)

Registered
Yep, I was quite pleased with his response, considering that I have ordered the diaphragms almost 1 year ago.
Once the seller sends you the right size and you've fitted and tested to satisfaction, how about reposting the seller's link so we know they are a trusty source worth considering by those following in your footsetps?

Registered
The seller has confirmed he is shipping the correct diaphragms to my address.
I will return the incorrect ones later when I have access to Royal Mail.

So far, has been very understandable and supportive seller. His eBay store.

Registered
New update - diaphragms installed and tested.

I did not follow the YouTube video that suggested to forcedly remove the plastic ring with heat. Instead I have noticed that the diaphragm easily slide out with a bit of pulling.
To insert it back, I did not force it too much as I was afraid of cutting the rubber but after testing it, it seems that just holds very well. I have driven almost 100k already without issues.

New 72mm diaphragms.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design

21 - 26 of 26 Posts