Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought these off givi racks off Ebay thinking they'd be standalone, but they require the top box mount to work, so now I'm looking for the top part of the rack. Googling "cbr1100xx givi racks" etc brings up not a single pic of these racks. Anyone know what make they are?

20190428_091055.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
They look a bit like the racks on my wifes bike, made to fit V35 bags from GIVI, which are a slightly different, narrower pattern than the E360 GIVI bags on my Blackbird IMG_5244.jpg Wingrack, hard to say since they are dissassembled.

·
Registered
319 Posts
... I'm looking for the top part of the rack. Googling "cbr1100xx givi racks" etc brings up not a single pic of these racks. Anyone know what make they are?
I don't think it matters what make they are.

The JAWS mini system that I've got uses the one below for the top box.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Look around and see if you can find something similar.

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Givi did a specific system for bird at one time, rather than the monorack plus fitting kit. The more I look at those, the more I think that's what they are. Was called the PL system I think, 259 maybe?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
If this is a Givi rack, i suspect it is a PLX something model, which required the V35 boxes. And i don't think it was meant for the Bird. Alberta refers to the same in his post above.

Caveat though... i'm going by 10-12 year old knowledge that the only comprehensive rack they had was the Wingrack I or II (without / with indicators), which required the Y158 fitting kit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Givi did a specific system for bird at one time, rather than the monorack plus fitting kit. The more I look at those, the more I think that's what they are. Was called the PL system I think, 259 maybe?
Had another look at mine...:eyebrows:

The mounting plate is marked 207-00 (underneath)

PLATE.jpg PLATE 2.jpg

Amazingly, the plate for the top box that attaches to the mount is marked...

MOTECH.jpg

HTH. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cheers all, they look very Givi PL something Tube Rack to me....... i had a similar set on my Aprilia Caponord 1200...... very nice, strong, minimal design compared to the Givi Wingrack style I have for my BB. The Wingrack design must have the top box hardware attached to make the structure rigid, so I suspect the above side racks also need the same as there is no rear lower cross brace shown.

I have never found much on the Givi site...... I found the PL rack on an Italian accessory site.......so maybe look for 'luggage racks for CBR1100XX' and hope for a lucky pic, or maybe adapt another top box mount to the side racks. That SWM rack plate looks very suitable.

PS If the holes on the attachment struts line up with all three mounting sites, all you might need is a strut across the lower rear to stop any flexing, so you might not need the top box mount, only some spacers and strong bolts(?). Can't be sure but they look like a Monokey fitting kit so any Givi box might fit. Note, a 'Wingrack' is not like a "tube rack" design..... the Wingrack has really big 'plates' that form part of the structure whereas these tube racks are made from errrr, tube loops, which are more minimal and lighter than the 'wing' plates. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Works well for me. I've been using the rear rack with a 52L Givi plus the side frames for 46L Givi's. SW Motech makes good stuff and the mounts are rather stealthy when you are not using the hard luggage. There is a rear cross brace for the side mounts, but I don't use it. Yes, it would be stronger with the rear brace, but I'm getting by fine on long trips.
Cheers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a good look searching for that rack and failed to find anything....... so many versions, oval tubes, plate styles, nothing came up that looked like yours..... and Givi have TL and PL codes that do your head in...... maybe they are the SWMotech lowers after all...... I'm thinking racks are made by only a few manufacturers to spec for the brand names so it could be anything..... maybe it will match that neat SWM rear plate if the top holes line up with the mounting plate holes......;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
OP, I think those racks should work fine for you. The ones I had worked for me until I replaced them (stupidly) with an SW-Motech rack. I would fit a rear brace across the back under the license plate for stability but they should work great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts