Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
iv took the cam chain tensioner off checked it , put it back on now the chain it slapping around like a kid in a swimming pool.
Are they a one fit job like cars . fit the new one and it springs out and puts the tension on ?
or is it better to to go for the manual adjuster and for get about the spring loaded one.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Beestoy has a method to rewind or wind up the old spring tensioners so they continue to work.
A new one isn't that expensive and easy to install. Should last 40,000 miles or so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Can I presume that you wound the CCT up with the "key", installed it, then removed the key? Anyway, XXGUY is right, the CCT clock spring can be rewound with 1 or 2 more initial turns to give it a second life.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi all,
iv took the cam chain tensioner off checked it , put it back on now the chain it slapping around like a kid in a swimming pool.
Are they a one fit job like cars . fit the new one and it springs out and puts the tension on ?
or is it better to to go for the manual adjuster and for get about the spring loaded one.
Did you play around with it when you took it off? sounds like the main spring got softer/unwound if it sounded ok before you took it off then you need to redo the spring it there is a easy mod to this job you just need to understand how to do wind up the spring simple enough. maybee someone on the forum has knowledge of how to do it and post it rather than telling you you can do it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi all thanks for the advice . took it off again looked at the spring .UMMMMMMM the way i look at it just get a new one . something that important that stops the engine going bang .
dont waste time trying to wind the spring back , just in case it lets go as your doing 70mph down a motorway. £65 new one ordered, got it in two days
jobs a good one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts