Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1121 - 1126 of 1126 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think you might have not read that it happened in 2007? The bike has done 53K miles since then. It was depressing at the time but as I say that was a long time ago. There are very few of us who haven’t had a mishap one time or another.

·
Registered
644 Posts
LoL… defo misread read it (in my head it read as the Duck started in that state in 2007 not your crash was back then… mia culpa). You are not wrong though… we've all had spills of differing severities over the years.

Lockdown must be getting to me (or early onset Alzheimer's)!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beautifully built sir 🙌 I'm currently at the end of turbo charging my bird, after reading the article am inspired to do an intercooler. You wouldn't happen to have a pict of your intercooler and placement you'd be willing to share would you?

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,124
Probably the best photo of the intercooler is the one I gave to the mag so I have copied it below.
To accommodate the intercooler I moved the oil cooler into the nose cone to take full advantage of the holes that normally accommodate the ram air tubes (almost the same placement as used on the carbies).
The one thing to be careful of is that on full compression the mudguard can hit the intercooler if it is as fat as mine. I ended up removing the bottom row, you can just make that out on the photo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably the best photo of the intercooler is the one I gave to the mag so I have copied it below.
To accommodate the intercooler I moved the oil cooler into the nose cone to take full advantage of the holes that normally accommodate the ram air tubes (almost the same placement as used on the carbies).
The one thing to be careful of is that on full compression the mudguard can hit the intercooler if it is as fat as mine. I ended up removing the bottom row, you can just make that out on the photo. View attachment 130988
Thank you 😊
Curious as to why not just put the CAC (charge air cooler or intercooler) in the nose section? 🤔 is it more efficient where you've placed it? Looking at all possibilities before moving forward for final adjustments and who better to learn from than those that've "been there done that" through trial and error.

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,126
Couple of reasons

Packaging.
The intercooler requires large dia pipework in and out it would be close to impossible to make this fit if it ran from the bottom of the engine into the nose cone and back (remember it has to go under the radiator first then under the frame rail on the return)

Efficiency
You want the compressed air into the plenum as quickly and as efficiently as possible. By having a short route you minimise losses.

Here is an early mock up picture of the other side of the intercooler and supercharger.

1121 - 1126 of 1126 Posts