Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1101 - 1116 of 1116 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for spamming! This goes out the theduck!! Sorry man I still can't send you the pm!! Don't think I'm ungrateful please!!

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,102
Sorry for spamming! This goes out the theduck!! Sorry man I still can't send you the pm!! Don't think I'm ungrateful please!!
Not seen as spamming in any way, 1 deleted 140 pm's this morning and when I came to the site this evening it said my pm box was still full! Deleted 4 more and suddenly there was room for 104 pm's something weird going on with the forum software :huh:

Your pm has just come through Asterix so I will reply to it!

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,104
Following on from the dead battery saga I have been doing a bit of cosmetic work on Duck
Fitted the clutch and stator covers that I powder coated but whilst the fairings were off I coated the supercharger drive cover as well.
IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1647.JPG

The colour match is nearly perfect, shame the flash reacted to the powder coated surface ...... anyway, fairings back on

IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1649.JPG

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,106
Nice job, Pedro. Just in time for winter! ;-)
Indeed, my timing is impeccable :rolleyes:
Was on the list of winter maintenance tasks but I just couldn't resist.

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,107
Nice job, Pedro. Just in time for winter! ;-)
It's getting cold here now and the first of the heavy mists descended early this morning .... perfect day to take Duck out for a test ride :smilebig:

Just 3 of us, the Mrs on her Fazer, a friend on a new Africa Twin and me on Duck.
The other 2 were wearing heated kit, me in leathers, I just turned on the second fan when the cold got to me.
Gentle 80 miles around Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire.

Duck behaved perfectly, no oil leaks from the engine covers and the 'charging issues' that I experienced were solved with the new battery.
Me well my behaviour was less perfect, I found I could provoke wheel spin on the damp cold roads :evilaugh:

This bike really is good fun to ride :smilebig:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Gentle 80 miles around Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire.
my behaviour was less perfect, I found I could provoke wheel spin on the damp cold roads :evilaugh: :smilebig:
:huh: Bit of a contradiction in terms there i think Duck. :smilebig::smilebig:

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,109
:huh: Bit of a contradiction in terms there i think Duck. :smilebig::smilebig:
Why do you think I went 'tail end charlie', nobody knew what I was up to :smilebig:

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,112
Having picked up a copy this morning I now see why it was mentioned here that the bike could have done with a wash down.
I've looked at the bike today in my garage and it looks to be clean! I can only put that down to the masses of v powerful lights that were used for the photos, strange.
Hey a little dirt does no bike any harm, Duck is not a garage queen.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Well Done, Mate, Not many get to be Mag Idols, Your now Famous,
Bit of dirt states its ridden,
Your Bird looks great,

Cheers, Brian,

·
Registered
268 Posts
Incredible build! Wow!!! BRAVO!!!! Actually just purchased a digital copy of 2021 issue of "Practical Sportsbikes". With yur build featured. Now... I didn't read all 50 plus pages on the forum but plan on giving anodizing a whirl! Having Not read all 50 plus pages I may have missed some important bits. Can you give me some helpful tips on anodizing? Already looked at some DIY anodizing on Youtube. But would like to hear it from you!😊 Do's, don'ts etc... THANK YOU!

1101 - 1116 of 1116 Posts