Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who of you has bright white LEDs on his bike?
any experiences?

i´m talking of the type that audi is using since 2007.

they are still not bright enough for a headlight but maybe for position lamps good enough during the day or if parked - and LEDs aren´t sucking that much from the battery.

what about built in ledlight like gator glass (Gator Customs, Inc.) does it with EL?

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry for that technical post. i´m sure a lot of nonsense will follow.
but since i am in the top 10 right now i have time for some serious stuff.

·
Registered
501 Posts
go for it. :thumb:
i had some LEDS on my bike, took them off because some of the wiring got messed up. I am gonna put some this month sometime to match the new paint job :smilebig:

:moon:

·
Registered
791 Posts
what about built in ledlight like gator glass (Gator Customs, Inc.) does it with EL?

I see a few Audis each day with their "fancy" running lights and it crossed my mind to fit some to the 'Bird but, decided it would be predictable but, now I've seen Gatorglass - I WANT SOME OF THAT!!!!! :inlove:
No idea how it works or how to get it done in the UK but, it's so "cool" it's giving me frost bite just thinking about it!!
:cool::cool:

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Just call me Mike
4,430 Posts
"makers of LED lights, says that LEDs can run for 50,000 hours with only a 30% decrease in brightness. He adds that the average car uses its headlights for only about 5,000 years within 10 years."

uhhh did you carefully read that? are your sources... sane?

·
Registered
27 Posts
read between the lines

average car uses its headlights for only about 5,000 HOURS within 10 year

they better to charge extra $$$$ for these light since you are never going to change them unless they come with some trick/gizmo that will need to be replaced every end of warranty,

·
Registered
791 Posts
the idea: Electroluminescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and don´t forget the bankrobbery before purchasing gator glass :eyebrows:

Thanks for the link Heisti, I kind of understand what it is now - like the stuff in my white faced XX clocks? Ilumiglow thing.

Couldn't find any Google info on UK installers / painters though so maybe I'll save myself a few quid and not bother with novelties.....just save up for petrol now they added more taxes in the Government Budget :crap:

·
Registered
791 Posts
can be that you have EL in your clocks if it is aftermarket.
what do you pay for one litre of 98?
I buy the cheap 95ron petrol at the supermarket, 97pence which is just more than one euro.

The instrument faces are like the ones Jaws sells:

By day one colour, by night another!
They're the latest bit of kit from the tech heads !

These are not like an Indiglow watch, the entire face illuminates electronically.
No need for dash lights and they even come with a dimmer switch too!
Supplied as an easy to fit complete kit - no need to remove your needles or touch the existing clock face underneath.
Our Price ... £59.55 for the carb or older EFI bikes, and just £43.99 for bikes with the digital dash
( We also do a fitting service which is £7.00 ) ( postage rate 2)
Indiglow Clocks are now available for all models including digital dash models and KM/H clocks.
Please send us a seperate mail by clicking here indicating you want KPH version

EFI type Carb type Digi dash type

1 - 20 of 60 Posts