Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all iv been reading that cb1300 calipers can be used on the cbrxx to give more power
can anyone confirm this and what year to use many thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,520 Posts
Not sure about that, the original cb used brakes that (externally) very similar to those on the Bird would need piston diameters and lever ratio to work out if they are better.
Later models used radial brakes which don't fit to Bird forks.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with the Birds brakes if they are kept in good condition.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've had to do an emergency stop from about 50mph. Managed to get a bit of tyre squeal as the front tyre locked up.
I run braided hoses and honda brake pads.

I did stay upright and managed to miss the car turning right across the front of me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI im delinked and braided hoses myself i asked because i read that it was what someone intending on doing
just wondering if it was possible

·
Registered
354 Posts
indeed the issue is that in the main these oler bikes are treated as discards and not properly looked after
the engines are nearly bulletproof but the cycle parts do suffer neglect and dont perform as they did new
indeed the linked brakes are almost perfect if seals are renewed and fluid is flushed each couple of years
i can lock up the front if i wish to using the lever
and bring the BB to a level stop just by using the brake pedal and pressing hard, withno skidding at all
paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
indeed the issue is that in the main these oler bikes are treated as discards and not properly looked after
the engines are nearly bulletproof but the cycle parts do suffer neglect and dont perform as they did new
indeed the linked brakes are almost perfect if seals are renewed and fluid is flushed each couple of years
i can lock up the front if i wish to using the lever
and bring the BB to a level stop just by using the brake pedal and pressing hard, withno skidding at all
paul
Ditto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts