Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the bike about 2 years- Fabulous...Then, Cut out, FI light came on, dead bike. AH Ha, corroded connector block under the seat... So, got access and found that the block had already been removed and wires "joined" together. Pulled off the insulating tape and found all the green wires were loose (they had been twisted in two bunches )

So, I've got 3 yellow wires with a green stripe twisted together, 3 yellow wire with a red stripe together and 13 green wires some with colour flashes and some plain green.

Can someone tell me how they were connected in the connector block originally (Which wires should be soldered to which)

Much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
The way they bundled sounds right. I remember a similar grouping.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The way they bundled sounds right. I remember a similar grouping.
Agreed, if bike was running ok for 2 years, then keep grouping as is. If the copper is black, then I recommend you trace wires back into loom until they look clean, then solder on appropriate extensions. This is what I had to do 5" in each direction. Not easy to do with loom on bike but not impossible.

In a belts and braces approach I added a ground wire to the grouping with the one heavy gauge green wire and ground this new wire to the chassis.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do what I did and pick up a 2 dollar soldering iron from Harbor Freight and look up how to solder. Super simple, and it will keep those wires stuck together forever. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still unsure - From previous posts there were 4 groupings of wires, two separate groups of greens,(a 10 and a 3) and two groups of yellows (3 in each).... keep the advice coming (soldering iron purchased and ready to go) (no harbour freight in the uk)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts