Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding for years with three Scorpion helmets I love tbem but I REALLY need bluetooth in my next one. The ridiculous prices for Shoei and other name brands rub me wrong. Anyone have suggestions for something in a sub $300 range?

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,106 Posts
Put a Sena on a scorpion?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
In under that price range I've fitted the Schuberth SRC System C3 bluetooth collars into my favourite helmets (I love my Arais) for $200-300 new or <$100 used.

First one I just velcro'd (hook & loop) in place. Lately I now invest the time to take the working parts out of the Schuberth (the collar has a zip for easy access) and install them into the Arai collar instead (involves stitch unpicking, cut a hole for the buttons, restitching). A lot more work but keeps that OEM feel.

To add convenience I also add in a Y splitter USB cable (one side remains a USB port for attaching a charging cable (when I'm away from home) the other goes to a wireless charging receiver I locate at the rear of the collar… so when I take my lid off and put it on it's rack at home it automatically charges from a Qi pad on the rack).

I've even picked these collars up used for a song ($60). They have a known weakness in the earlier models where some internal cabling fatigues over time. Simple job to replace the ribbon cable and boom… one fixed used BT collar.

·
Registered
776 Posts
PS good specs on the collar too re group ride range. I've had it connect up with Sena and Cardo units so far with range up to 200m! Battery life is excellent. Latest version I think all 4 riders in duplex (2-way coms) and upto 8 in 1-way. YouTude vid says range up to 1.5km! I get about 200m out of my old version.

I've also seen mods on old versions to add aftermarket BT antenna for better range and an even bigger battery.

The version I install is for a flip up face helmet (has a boon mic which I swap out for just a cable version I recess into my helmet lining). There is a full face version set up like that already but I have no experience of that.

So, a hi end set up ported into your favourite helmet, sleek streamlining (I hate adding lopsided bolt on ugly lumps to what was a streamlined helmet), with great specs and within budget. How are you with a needle and thread?

·
Cougar
60 Posts
I agree with XXGUY, if you love the Scorpion fit a sena or a cardo to it.
ive been putting Cardos on my helmets for more than 10yrs, started with the G4, G9X and now BOLD with JBL speakers, rider groups connect seamlessly and can listen to music and ta.k to another rider at the same time,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts