Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok clever cookies, my clutch fluid ran out "probably via a leak somewhere", gulped an amount of air and for love nor money unable to get pressure back after 836 attempts to bleed.
How did I bleed it I hear you ask.
Sqweezed the lever, held in, loosened nipple, tightened nipple when new fluid passed, released lever, repeated over and over but without joy, or clutch pressure.
Help me please if you have done it yourself successfully

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ok clever cookies, my clutch fluid ran out "probably via a leak somewhere", gulped an amount of air and for love nor money unable to get pressure back after 836 attempts to bleed.
Sqweezed the lever, held in, loosened nipple, tightened nipple when new fluid passed, released lever, repeated over and over but without joy, or clutch pressure.
Did you squeeze the lever once before you opened the bleed nipple, or several times? You gotta work that air out. Pump the lever til shes as stiff as you can go. Make sure the resevoir is topped up the whole time too. Also, have you located, and fixed the leak?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Oh and :welcome:
G,day mate and welcome. All the pumping and squeezing will do little good until you prime the system. Firstly remove the bleed nipple from the slave cylinder. Blow it out with compressed air. Refit nipple and nip up. Place bike on centre stand. Turn handlebars to the right until master cylinder is at the most level spot. Fill master cylinder to near the top. Fit a short length of clear plastic tubing onto the bleed nipple and place the other end into a small jar. Now simply crack the bleed nipple loose and wait for the fluid to flow out of the tubing. Keep the master cylinder topped up and don't be afraid to waste some fluid. Once you have new fluid flowing out of the tubing and the line is continually free of bubbles, the system is now primed. You should now have some lever pressure and you can go back to your previous method to remove any last traces of air. However only crack the bleeder open for very short bursts to prevent air from re-entering the system. If it was my bike I would fix the cause of the leak first. Most probably a buggered piston o-ring in the slave cylinder. HAVE A BLAST. Paul.:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
So how did you go with your clutch drama?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts