Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
The chips do not go faulty

a lot of what you are saying and doing makes little sense (don't take that the wrong way)

what you need now is a known working ECU and matching keychip - I have 2x but not much good to you from here in Thailand, this will ultimately tell you that ECU is good and rule it out (also keychips)

you need to work from the ECU/HISS and 100% rule it out

I have a friend here on holiday going back to UK end of the week, I could ask him to take one of my spare ECU' and keychips with him if you are really stuck - both MAT01 from a 1999 BB

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
When you changed the loom did you change the HISS sensor with it? If not that could be faulty and nothing will work if that is the case.

·
Mike
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I sent my ECU to Carmo in June this year. They confirmed it was faulty on the fuel pump side, repaired it and sent it back to me advising I should change the fuel cut off relay, which I did. I re-fitted the ECU but then the battery went faulty and wouldn't hold a charge then the datatool alarm wouldn't disarm so I removed the loom and sent it to a friend who made a living from selling and repairing blackbirds for him to remove the alarm wiring and make the loom good. Meantime I fitted a loom from a 2004 bird connected the ECU up and bam she fired up on all 4 cylinders after 4 years of not running. I then changed the loom back to the original one and she was still running fine. I changed the brake pads and oil and filter went to start her up to circulate the oil and nothing. I contacted Carmo again and they asked me to send my ECU back to them for testing and they have confirmed it is still working fine. I have swapped the looms over again and still nothing. She turns over, all the lights work but the fuel pump doesn't prime with either loom fitted. The only constant is the FI light, neutral and oil lights all come on when I turn the key - no HISS light though.....Don't know what to do next apart from buy another ECU & keys.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts