Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kids do not try this at home (unless you live in Germany, or like me close to it :) )
A lot of you may know this one, but i think it this one deserves a place in this section.

This is not my video, nor is it my bike.
Hopefully i will work up my skill level to where i'm comfortable to even aproach these speeds.
Fun fact the bb in this vid has more than 76k km's.
As far as i know the only mod is yoshimura slip ons.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I liked it! Check the gas guage at the beginning (after it settles down) and then again at the end of the video. When you push a BB like this she eats.....

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
A few of things come to my mind. Cop cars there are faster I'm sure, he never came across any exotics, and the last Moto GP race reached speeds of 325 kph in seconds and much shorter distances. With amazing braking. It's good for what it is but I'll take the twisties. One little Skylark fluttering across the road and who knows.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I noticed the tmp gauge is reading a little high, I guess even at 300km/h and 30 degrees C the bird isn't over cooled. It's cool to see how fast the gas gauge dropped. The nice thing about the autobahn is you can do 300 and film it... Legally :)

--Deviant? Maybe, but not dangerous.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Well I'm impressed.That's a LONG time to pin it wide open and keep going,310 around the sweepers :thumb: love how he didn't slow down for those.Yet he cautiously dropped it to 290 to pass some cars at times.
I've gotten to an indicated 300,once.There world is moving fast at those speeds.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Kudos, he has steel balls bigger than my ball bearings, its a video seen many times and posted many times, not as many exotics on the road there as you m,ay think. regardless would be wonderful to be able to go that speed once legally

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Temp was right up, i guess at that speed it would
those pistons would be hammering.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I like the video, if I was able to go that fast legally on the interstate highways, I would:eyebrows:. Now with that said, riding in a "straight line" and big sweepers you don't have to slow down for, we can all do.:thumb: I think we all can go into a curve posted at 55 or 60mph at twice that. When I was breaking my BT023 tires in, I was able to do those same curves at 80,90, and eventually 100mph. You gotta lean to live. If I had he extra ends for a "go pro hero" camera, I would film it. Kudos to the guy in the video!:clap:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I've run up to 250 km's a number of times and 270 once this summer...it's fast and noisy and it's a memory you get to take with you. Bike handles great...road was good but there's that nagging fear of explaining to a judge (and my 4 sons) what the hell I was doing so my bursts are short 20-30 seconds at most I'd guesstimate....there's no room for error but on the other hand there's really no time for error either :) I give this guy huge credit for maintaining 300 km's for that long....takes balls!!! Maybe if we all could go out and legally run down the highway at 250 km's anytime we wanted...300 wouldn't seem so freaky fast.... The good news is ...we all know we can do it anytime we want to....all we have to do is crank of the BB throttle and she'll take you thereabouts....all you need is the cajones (?).

·
Throttle MODulator
2,735 Posts
Cracking video. The guys can ride. So what if it is long sweepers, take big ones to ride at that speed for so long. I'll give a squrt to 240kph every now and then, but get caught at the speed here, and they'll just about lock you up. If I could legally do 200-300kph, I be riding round at those speeds all the time at the right times :)

·
phastasphuck
1,248 Posts
seen 180mph on mine once which with speedo error is a true 170............the world goes into slow mo and long sweepers seem to tighten up like f**k.................still good fun though to know that a 16yr old bike can still haul ass like a good un...........plus at any speed over 150 they are as rock steady as at 60mph

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have managed to top my 2002 bird out twice on the Autobahn, but not for any length of time as, I admit, I bottled it. Cars and other traffic pulling out in front of you when you are going at that speed - no thanks. oh and yes, I live in Germany.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a time and a place for that... once I went 270 on a k 1300 r on a highway here... short burst though to brake my record on ground... quite a rush :) Scary? No unless it goes wrong!

This guy worked his way up there, but autobahns can get busy and even clogged... so the time and place must be right. I saw a veryron (however you spell it... al it matters to me is spelling right Superblackbird) once, few ferraris and a bunch of porches. But those are not the bulk of traffic going on there... is regulars going back and forth.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Did you notice how fast the odometer was turning?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the video, if I was able to go that fast legally on the interstate highways, I would:eyebrows:. Now with that said, riding in a "straight line" and big sweepers you don't have to slow down for, we can all do.:thumb: I think we all can go into a curve posted at 55 or 60mph at twice that. When I was breaking my BT023 tires in, I was able to do those same curves at 80,90, and eventually 100mph. You gotta lean to live. If I had he extra ends for a "go pro hero" camera, I would film it. Kudos to the guy in the video!👏
Montana

·
Registered
397 Posts
At those speeds the bike does NOT want to turn. That is the thing I noticed the most at hyperspeed. Getting the bike to turn, even on long sweepers takes a determined effort.
Gyroscopes and all that there physics stuff I suppose.

This is another one of my favorite videos.

·
Administrator
9,400 Posts
At those speeds the bike does NOT want to turn. That is the thing I noticed the most at hyperspeed. Getting the bike to turn, even on long sweepers takes a determined effort.
Gyroscopes and all that there physics stuff I suppose.
Hint for turning the Bird at hyperspeed stick out a knee in the direction you want to turn. Just be judicious initially as it moves alot better than you think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts