Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
HeHe he says that now wait till he takes it for a ride
Yeah. I was saying the same when I bought my Bird, last summer: "doesn't matter if it's 11 years old with 58K, I will only ride it a little bit..." Now I've got my @$$ glued to it and I go to work with it :)

These machines are very addictives :)

Fly

"Speed is Life!"

·
Registered
548 Posts
Another vote of confidence for you. I bought mine with 50k or so on it and i've got nearly 65k on it now, and it is the best bike I've ever owned. Bikes last a long time if cared for, and I'm betting this guy cared for his. I would fully expect that it could go another 100k without anything hugely expensive failing.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Do not let the milage deter you from a well maintained Bird as you indicate this one is. If it's a good price, go for it. We can help you sort out any issues. Mine is a one owner Bird, '02, with 200,003 kms and runs and looks great. Honda built a bullet proof in-line four that is a great motor. IMHO

Mmmm, nice older man in his fifties, WTF
Yeah I caught that too. Turecki.............. That's one. LOL Welcome to the forum . Leave the older man stuff at the door. 66 and no longer counting here , and I know I'm far from the oldest on here. ( Who is by the way ? )

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
68 here, riding a Bird with 200,004 kms.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ask any person that has owned and inline 4 Honda moto, they will tell you they're bulletproof and built to last. 60k, is like an official break in. I have 45k (Miles) on my clock and don't sweat it. As long as it has been maintained, and like said above, you're willing to replaced the rad and get it caught up on maintenance, go for it. Mileage concerns are something that ppl have cooked up for some odd reason with motorcycles. I know ppl that feel 15k is too many miles.... that it's falling apart, I laugh, hop on my big girl, and leave with the front wheel up. Do IT!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Let them all fret about the mileage. Then we can pick up their beautiful "slightly used" old rides for a song!

Fly

"Speed is Life!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another vote of confidence for you. I bought mine with 50k or so on it and i've got nearly 65k on it now, and it is the best bike I've ever owned. Bikes last a long time if cared for, and I'm betting this guy cared for his. I would fully expect that it could go another 100k without anything hugely expensive failing.
I just purchased one super clean a 2002 with 165000km on the clock that is 100000 miles and am not afraid I had a 2000 one and a 2002 their is a difference in the pull due to hp difference and between these two cbr ande the one I just got I had two Goldwing 1800 , I could probably cancel the purchace just to get a 2001 164hp with 87000km at a dealer , is the millage right or has it been reduce so I am not worry exept 12hp more is a good feeling.Plus I got corbin deats and paniers with the purchase.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts