Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
Anybody knows where to get hold of original decals for my bike('05 siver nh-146m), i want to respray my bike after one of the worst december 31'st in my life.
Allowed my bike to drop of the side stand in my own garage, luckely no one arround to see.but still a couple of scratches, the local honda dealer can supply me but for more than a arm and a leg at more than R6000 (+-$600) for a set.
I am pretty sure that if i can get a good coppy of a original decal set i can have it locally made for a fraction of the cost.

None of the actual stickers on the bike has been damaged so if i can save it it will be even better.
Has anybody got any first hand experiance in such a delicate operation.

Can it be done?

bns

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I doubt you'll be able to peel them without damage, and you would not likely get them to adhere properly again even if you did get them off. I'm having trouble with the price you're being quoted, as I think my dealer told me the side-fairing decals were around $20 CDN each. Unless the exchange rate is obscene, it sounds like you're getting hosed.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
You probably won't be able to peel them off, as they should have a clearcoat on top of them. Can't figure out how you wouldn't damage the decals or the plastic. Check online as there are some good decals floating around.

·
The Original Bird Watcher
449 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas.
I was actually thinking of covering the stickers up painting the panels then removing the masking tape that covered the decals and just very slightly rub the edges which would form where the masking tape was.
Then spray everything with clear coat also covering the decals.

I’m just not sure if the finished product will be good enough.

As a backup plan I will look into cheaper decals like you all suggested.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Just peel them. There shouldn't be any clear over them, I think it's just the tank decals that are cleared over. Your dealer is totally trying to screw you.

·
The Original Bird Watcher
449 Posts
I agree. I have peeled them off my 2003 before without any problems. They should come off pretty easily once you get them started. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks that gives me another option, will try and remove one or two of the smaller decals en see how it go’s maybe using a hair drier to apply some heat might help.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts