Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need some more advice. Just about, next day or so, planning to fit a new set of stainless steel Black Widow down pipes to my 2002 FI Blackbird. As anybody else used this brand of downpipes and had no issues with fuelling as I would like to keep standard mufflers with CAT and o2 sensor on the bike too? Any thoughts welcome as they are still wrapped and could be sent back if anyone has found they are no good?

Thanks for your help on this.

David

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think you would need to install an O2 sensor eliminator and a power commander. I had to do this when my O2 sensor failed. Without the PC the bike was running rich at low revs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice. Fitting a new o2 sensor so hopefully this bit will not be a fail issue, interested in did you actually fit Black Widow downpipes? Understand fitting non standard cans/slip ons could benefit from the extra expense of power commander and dyno jetting but I plan to keep original mufflers and am hoping Black Widow’s claim of their pipes being equivalent to oem true to fact from Blackbird riders experiences. Regards, David.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have standard pipes and cans, but assuming the Black Widow pipes are about the same dimensions as the originals there shouldn't be much change.

You should be good adding the new pipes if you have the original cans and the O2 sensor, no power commander required. No Dyno Jetting required ever since that's for carbs and you have FI :)

fyi the power command for FI just plugs in between the ECU and the fuel injectors; very easy to install and the dynojet website has a load of maps available for different setups.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Delivery from Black Widow was quick , it was unfortunate that the pipes supplied did not match the centres on the engine mounts and had to be returned. Tech guy at Black Widow said I could pull the pipes apart to match the centres but that didn't feel comfortable to me in ensuring as best as possible a good seal. Give Black Widow their due, accepted return and refunded all costs and P&P to return them :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts