Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I am new to this site. Hello :)

Had the Bird for 18 months. Luv her to bits!

Just recently I have been experiencing a problem. When I go for a run (even 2 miles to fill up). When I turn the engine off she simple will not start. The electrics are on but pressing the starter just gives a pffffrt sound as tho battery is dead (or sometimes nothing at all). If I wait for her to cool down she will start fine. I am also able to bump start her when hot.

Can anyone shed some light as to where the problem may lie.

Also, I have noticed that after a run it is difficult to find neutral (at least light isn't showing). I know I am in neutral cos I can let the clutch out. Then when I put the side stand down she cuts out (or sometimes doesn't until she is lent over on to it).

I have checked and topped up oil to no avail.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The neutral light wire and connector is sitted near your gear lever ..look deeper and you will see it..about the starter i think its the solenoid relay that gives power to the starter ..a lot of amperage (60-70 amps) is used while cranking the engine so is heated a lot...

Check your clutch lever ..set the lever position to be full out and retry..you might need to check the clutch hydraulics and piston to make sure it works ok..

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
If the above doesnt work work you may need to look at the starter, If the commutator or the brushes are badly work this will have the effect you described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts