Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I've been away too long. Random short rides last couple seasons with no worries for the Jetfire. Couple weeks before ducks and planets came into a straight line for us to sell and move from the Bellevue Washington (Seattle) to Littleton CO (Denver) i was out on a ride in the cascade foothills, (North Bend) and sure enough she didnt see me coming to go left in front of her. Next thing I knew I was getting intimate with the hood of a jeep wagoneer! lucky she hit the breaks and not the fuel pedal! Long story short I cropped the mirror, tapped the shield, and limped home ok. I started repairs before the word we were off to CO. got her back together once we were setttled and have enjoyed a couple rides only to have the rec reg melt down again. Trailered home and have it apart awaiting the mend. New mosfet just came and I'll bebuild her better then she was. Looking forward to next spring rides!
Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Play, it makes life fun
Just last week I was wondering about you and the Irish Bandit. Good to hear from you and glad you escaped major damage to you and your Bird. Enjoy CO! A lot to do out there and some nice riding not to far away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just last week I was wondering about you and the Irish Bandit. Good to hear from you and glad you escaped major damage to you and your Bird. Enjoy CO! A lot to do out there and some nice riding not to far away.

Lost track of Irish and Oldschool switched bikes on us. :=:^)
The foothills and up around Evergreen Conifer is about all I got a chance to ride thus far before melt down.
Sky Plant Mountain Tree Natural landscape

Registered
Sorry I've been away too long. Random short rides last couple seasons with no worries for the Jetfire. Couple weeks before ducks and planets came into a straight line for us to sell and move from the Bellevue Washington (Seattle) to Littleton CO (Denver) i was out on a ride in the cascade foothills, (North Bend) and sure enough she didnt see me coming to go left in front of her. Next thing I knew I was getting intimate with the hood of a jeep wagoneer! lucky she hit the breaks and not the fuel pedal! Long story short I cropped the mirror, tapped the shield, and limped home ok. I started repairs before the word we were off to CO. got her back together once we were setttled and have enjoyed a couple rides only to have the rec reg melt down again. Trailered home and have it apart awaiting the mend. New mosfet just came and I'll bebuild her better then she was. Looking forward to next spring rides! View attachment 132611 View attachment 132612 View attachment 132613 View attachment 132614
In french there is a rhyme ..saying :
femme au volant mort au tournant
put it in deepl and you can find the meaning

Registered
That is one beautiful bike!!

Honda should have made something like that, instead of scrapping the 'Bird.

Glad you could walk away with not too much damage to both you and the bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad luck man glad you good !

What king of rear end you have ?
Its super nice ...really like it
Thats the Jetfire transformer rear. Actually did a photo album somewhere after the brazillian boot lift. Basically cut and lift. Plastic weld and plastic filler routine salvaging the vents up and back. Real fun project!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the Jetfire transformer rear. Actually did a photo album somewhere after the brazillian boot lift. Basically cut and lift. Plastic weld and plastic filler routine salvaging the vents up and back. Real fun project!
Found in body section of forums under "butt lift results". Looking at these pics I realized I have shortened another couple inches since then and plan to shorten another couple some day soon.

Registered
Damnn it this is not a small job to do... the result its amazing . You have one of the best looking rear ass (your bike ) hahaha

Registered
Damn , glad you are ok.
I like what you have done with the bike, subtle and striking at the same time.

Reactions: Jetfire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, have the rec reg and will be getting the bird back together asap! had a cold snap in the AM but love the way it warms up mid day here in CO! Next season should get some miles again! Regard to the mods, best ever has been the 11lb titanium exhaust find on ebay taking 20lbs off in a swift slice. add the battery, center stand removal, titanium bits, and rear end shave and 50 lbs makes a diff.

Registered
Glad you are ok. I live in Kirkland Wa, had I known you were so close we could have went riding together.

Play, it makes life fun
Thanks guys, have the rec reg and will be getting the bird back together asap! had a cold snap in the AM but love the way it warms up mid day here in CO! Next season should get some miles again! Regard to the mods, best ever has been the 11lb titanium exhaust find on ebay taking 20lbs off in a swift slice. add the battery, center stand removal, titanium bits, and rear end shave and 50 lbs makes a diff.
I have two DanMoto carbon fiber cans at 1.5# each. Now I just need to shave 70 # off of me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts