Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm intrigued to see all these pictures of blackbirds in different colours. Here in Sweden, the available colours were rather few and boring.
1997 came only in titanium gray. Which was only that year, I believe.
1998 or 1999 they also had a shiny black and a purple one.
Then came the blue with metal-colour rims, and the bright silver.
2004 introduced the matte black with gold rims.
After that, I don't think there were any new colours until 2007 which saw the parti-coloured gray.

Now here I see birds in Ferrari red, some with gold XX logo and some with black. These never existed in Sweden.
Are there other colours? I'm not talking about your repainted varieties, but original Honda.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Here in Downunderland, Honda did it right. Each year had the Black, and another colour to choose from. Titanium, Red, Blue, Matt Black, Iron Nail. A white pearl would look good.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think the last year of manufacture was 06. Some Birds may have been first registered in 07. The US stopped importing them after 03. Why ? The VFR12 was not even out then.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The U.S. Got stuck with black wheels...
:(

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think the last year of manufacture was 06. Some Birds may have been first registered in 07. The US stopped importing them after 03. Why ? The VFR12 was not even out then.
Usually when a company cancels a bike or car for the US it has to do with emissions. Which is ironic, but I won't get into that.

I recently got the actual production figures from Honda and there were indeed bikes produced in 2007. http://www.cbrxx.com/general-cbr-xx...100xx-super-blackbird-production-numbers.html

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I might be understanding this incorrectly but it looks like these are the paint codes for Blackbird but each country/continent didn't necessarily have all the colors available
on a given year!?? Then there were different wheel colors depending on what country.
I notice a larger number of decal/logo color combinations but maybe availability was based on location there too. :idunno:

I wonder why they didn't allow all colors to go to all countries... what was their thinking??
Just seems a little strange :loony:

QUOTE=Gimmick;371511]Hi Corbie, the official colors are listed throughout this thread: http://www.cbrxx.com/honda-cbr-xx-resource-center/6370-all-paint-codes-blackbird.html

Sorry for asking again, but could you please post your anonymised VIN in this thread, I'm really curious about the designation for a 2007 bike, I don't need the last four digits that identify your particular bike, just the general first part. http://www.cbrxx.com/general-cbr-xx...nymised-vin-so-we-can-find-out-all-logic.html[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Oops, did I remember that wrong. Thanks for the paint codes. Also found this page: Modely - Honda CBR 1100XX

Corbie
That's great info too. After looking at many photo's of the bird on the web I thought I saw different colors. I wrote it of to the camera and person taking the photo. I sure like that Candy Muthos Magenta in 97 and like to see a bird with it. Even the blacks were changed thru out the years. Which also explains a lot. It would be nice to find out which countries have what colors.

Oh yea they had different color frames too that I have seen in pics. Some greyish, black and (silverish?)

·
Registered
530 Posts
@Maplexx: from what I've seen, the US had black wheels and limited color options (1 per year for some reason), their decals say LBS (Linked Brake System) in stead of DualCBS (Combined Brake System), on the side panel the decal doesn't say 1100 Super Blackbird in the XX because of copyright issues (or avoiding copyright issues, same reason it's called CBR 1100 XX in US without the Super Blackbird), I believe the later US models say PGM FI in the XX decal.
I think most of Europe had all the yearly color options as seen on that website posted by Corbie and as listed in the thread I mentioned.

I had a Candy Muthos Magenta and it's a very interesting color in the flesh. Really quite purple. The Candy Glory Red is a nice color, but very different, more bright. Not as bright as the Candy Blazing Red though, from pictures that looks like a firetruck, but I haven't seen it in real life.

Here are my Candy Muthos Magenta and Candy Glory Red Birds next to each other. I sold them both, now I have Silver which I think complements the lines of the Bird the most.
Notice the polished wheels on the Candy Glory Red Bike, I've only seen it on this German bike and on a limited edition Red Chrome Edition.

I have also wondered about the different blacks, but no takers so far: http://www.cbrxx.com/body-paint-electrical-lights/26834-how-black-blackbird.html

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing I know for certain is that there was a dark red, slightly purplish XX sold in Sweden from early on, but the bright red model was never on the Swedish market. There was one for sale recently but it was imported from Germany. As to what other colours were available here, I think we got all of them but not necessarily in the same year as other countries, and virtually all XXs sold here had metal-gray rims (except for the gold-rimmed 2004).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here's another German (or Swedish) 1997 registered HECS-stickered Blackbird with polished wheels. The Red reminds me of the Red on the Red Chrome Edition and it has the same decals and even the same brand aftermarket exhausts, but that might be a coincidence.

Red Chrome Edition

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts