Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I order one through ebay. Landed in australia almost 2 months ago. Let it go a while due to covid. But now in final resolution stages with seller. The product is a relative cheapie from china and not the best of buys anyway.
Anyhoos it looks like i will purchase maybe through amazon. Who uses what covers here? Building garage soon and bike will be parked in cover during winter.
No top box or panniers. I want storm, condensation, paint and ripping protection.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just ride it straight into the lounge room and leave it there till the build is done, can do maintenance while watching tv too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
my pilot friend keeps his bnw r60 in the living room for years ...it was the bike he used to attract her so she doesnt complain ( so far )

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Should of put mine in the laundry room each winter, would have been fixed by now.
However, Dowco makes great covers, also Nelson Rigg. Been selling those for years, never an issue.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody have an oxford cover?
The house is obviously the best answer. Just impossible spacewise. And that is me saying that, not my better half.

·
BirdDog
527 Posts
Outstanding for weather! “Sport Bike” size fits perfectly with full coverage...great non-scratch protection; all-weather!

Nelson Rigg Defender Extreme Sport Bike Cover, Fits most CBR, R1, R3, GSXR, Ninja,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCI386Q/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_FugXEb91TNCR7

For indoor only...This is incredible...

Oxford Protex Premium Stretch fit Indoor Motorcycle Cover, Black, XL Amazon.com: Oxford Protex Premium Stretch fit Indoor Motorcycle Cover, Black, XL: Automotive

I have and use both!

·
BirdDog
527 Posts
MY BIRD AND VFR1200f pictured with the indoor only Oxford Pro-Stretch in XL. I’ll post a pic of the Nelson-Rigg extreme outdoor when I find it...
DD9BA1D2-1B20-4CDC-931E-8E86B5D1CF44.jpeg

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts
I just gave my son and new daughter in law my ST1300 as a wedding gift. Lives in a condo at college. No garage. Bought a fitted all weather cover from Seal Skin Covers for it. Made for 4 season weather. It was not your $36 cover. It was $110 no shipping cost. Most ST's don't come with a trunk. Mine had the European honda trunk. I went to their bike fitment section. Typed in my bike and answered questions. Bam! Up came my bike with panniers and trunk! I ordered it. Should be here by Monday. About 8-10 days since I ordered it. Oh, it has a 10 year warranty too!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've odered an Oxford. About 99 aust bucks delivered. I figured if the poms dont know about shit weather then no-one does. Then again summer might be a different thing. 🤓 Mainly got to work while my garage and workshop is being built. All tools vehicles need a new home during build. Then the garage of my dreams evolves finally after decades. Gotta love semi retirement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:D........ ahhhh I'm too late on the reply..... I have been using an Aldi bike cover on my 05BB for years.....( I think I paid $15 on special from $35)..... I garage my BB 100%, so it just acts as a dust cover, but it is a heavy (think rubberized rain gear type material) black cover with soft cotton fibre liner inside...... ideal for H/D outside protection, but not really suited for taking on long trips due it's weight (I use a light weight nylon cover for week long trips away). Being black, it turns the bike into a less visible 'blob' for night time security and is 100% H/D rain proof. It might get a bit hot if exposed to full sunlight..... but would be excellent if in the shade or say part exposed in a car port.

I was given one of those massive grey coloured bulky soft lined covers by a Ducati friend, but it rolls up to a swag sized bundle and isn't water proof. It is so big when properly folded down, it totally fills my old Bagster tank bag.

The Aldi cover folds up smaller, but is quite heavy and isn't able to be compressed into luggage like a nylon cover ....... great value for home base use. Keep an eye on Aldi stores when (if) they do their annual bike gear sale in August/Sept (usually cashing in on the upcoming Aus MGp - but who knowsin 2020?) ...... maybe wait for them to drop the price on unsold stock after a week or three(?). It's a good cover to have on hand even if you don't need it immediately.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No probs dave. I need this sooner than later so the aldi thing wouldnt work anyway. I bought gloves through there and very happy with them after 30000k. About time for a new pair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts