Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I picked up a 2003 and would like advice on how to pickup the BB with a lift and what lift would you recommend? I have a Condor chock that works great for keeping the bike upright, but I would like to be able to lift the bike up a few inches off the ground (or more) to facilitate wheel removal etc. Any help or suggestion would be great. Thank you. Bruce
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Try checking out this thread and read Duck's post (#13) on the Skylift… (I'm saving up for one).
Without sounding smug I have to say buying my Skylift was one of the best things I have ever done. Level lift, nose up, nose down, it does it all. Moves around the garage on wheels so that I can get the other bikes in at the end of the day if the job isn't completed. Swaps between bikes just by swapping pick up adaptors. Easily breaks down so it takes up minimum space in my horribly overcrowded garage.

But most importantly it is very stable even when I have the Bird lifted very high.

View attachment 120955 View attachment 120957

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
+1 on the skylift, or similar.
If the budget or space doesn't allow, just roll the bike onto some scrap 2" timbers and put on centerstand with a timber beneath it. Then simply remove the timber from beneath the wheels. Should be enough clearance for wheel removal. For the front wheel, use a floor jack under the front of the headers until the rear wheel touches down.
This is a little wobbly, so best to crack loose all nuts/bolts first.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,398 Posts
What country are you in? I have Derek Weaver lift. Guys in Europe really like that sky lift.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Washington. I’m not looking for a lift that’s lifts by the tires, but rather from underneath (or by the sides like the Skylift) so the tires are free. I appreciate your suggestion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I don’t think I can be rolling wood but that Skylift looks choice.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use a Constands bike lift.
Bike can be on the stand and lifted within 30 secs.
I even store the bike on the stand because it takes up just the same space as the bike on its own.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seriously thank you. I looked at the ConStand but just couldn’t figure out how the bike attaches esp from just one side? Would you mind briefly enlightening me? It’s a much better price than the out of stock SkyLift.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use the abba superbike stand and the front lift attachment, it's not a moveable type of stand, but it gets both wheels of the floor for tyre removal front and back, and when I have to do fork or swingarm suspension work it's very stable. If you get the kit, and you want to take the swingarm off, you have to get the special attachment that way it uses the foot peg attachments, so you can take the pivot bolt out.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Seriously thank you. I looked at the ConStand but just couldn’t figure out how the bike attaches esp from just one side? Would you mind briefly enlightening me? It’s a much better price than the out of stock SkyLift.
They supply a replacement nut for the left rear upper engine bolt.

The stand has two pins on an adaptor plate.

You roll the stand under the bike and the two pins go in to the new nut and the swingarm bolt

Then using the long lever - you just lift the bike off the floor.

I was concerned at first that there is no separate locking system to keep the bike on the stand pins but there is no way you are pulling it off the stand.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
needs
Well I have decided on a Bursig. I think…
Good bang for your US buck and brillant if it fits you're needs; gr8 result (else a happy compromise).

Skylifts are expensive (plus currently out of stock bar eBay). Hmmm… would I waver?

Merry Crimbo M1

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I had a Bursig for mine for 8 years, can not go wrong with it, I sold the XX and bought a ZX14, used the stand on ZX14 , then sold 14 and got a 96 ZX11 which was not supported and sold stand for what I paid for it and then bought an H2 SX SE which was supported by the stand, kicking myself for selling that stand, could have also used it on my ZX-9R

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I really like my Abba paddock stand, and it fits nicely on my table lift. Saving for a Sky Lift.

Abba are really tools about the adapters, though. They supply them by the bike, not by a reference number, so you never know if what you have will fit your new bike, or your neighbor's bike..

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Abba are really tools about the adapters, though. They supply them by the bike, not by a reference number, so you never know if what you have will fit your new bike, or your neighbor's bike..
On their website they have an adapter compatability checker. You put your lift/ stand in, then your current/ old bike and then the new one and it tells you if it's compatable or whether a $25 replacement is needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts