Honda CBR XX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Bees,
I echo all the sentiments written above. Have been super busy and not on any of my forums for months and I come back to this very unfortunate news. How is your best half taking this?
Did you have all your new fiberglass panels on this bird?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
She is doing very well all things considered. My youngest son to leave from the Navy and flew out to support his mom. His wife followed a couple days later and stayed until yesterday helping around the house.

No
I was still running the blue and titanium factory panels.

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thank you very much for the insight rollie. The staff here has very extremely diligent about infection containment. I'm at one of leading trauma centers for the Phoenix Valley with them my beliefs God and Jesus's power to n protect and heal the sick and lame. Along with all of the great outpouring if support well wishes and prayers. I'm well on my to normal life and full recovery 🙏
Praise be to the glory of God and his son Jesus. And too all that have blessed me with thier kind words of encouragement.
Amen to that…

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yeah broke it clean at the welds on both sides. Brake and clutch lines were the only thing holding it on. It also ripped the rear mounting plate off of the gas tank.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yes
I'm going to start inventoring and seeing what's salvageable and what's not. Once the insurance company comes back with their decision on the buyback cost. And how much I'll get settlement wise. I did have a 3000.00 accessories clause in the policy.

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
Well I wish you all the best with your recovery @beestoys
The bike is not a pretty sight but it is what it is, you can always build another bike, the main thing is to get your body sorted first.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Agreed good sir. And with all your well wishes and God's help I'm coming back day by day. Going to fab up a rig to get the bike back upright. So I can better access the damage. I know under that is a destroyed stator case. Hopefully the crank and rotor are ok.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Ok so was able to do a assessment today.
Front wheel is bent and being forged I'm not willing to trust straightening. Some one want to convince me otherwise fire away. I have a guy that is great at doing so. But concern it structural integrity.
Left (impact side) upper fork housing is bent up and done. Hayabusa front fork conversion. So I'll be looking for a new housing.
Stator case is only broken at leading edge. So I suspect crank and rotor are good.
Gage cluster is done along with front fairing stay and both mirrors.
Sheared the main cable that connects the blue block connector for the dash and forward electronics. So a new harness will be needed.
Header primaries were all folded up against the block but not exhaust studs were broken or bent. So new exhaust will be needed.
Both control switch blocks will need to be replaced. the right side is gone along with the Gillis bar. I have the base but the riser and the bar assembly are gone.
The fuel tank rear mount was somehow bent up an tore a hole in the bottom of the tank. The top was pretty much untouched so new tank is going to be needed.
Other than that it looks like everything else inside the frame rails to the tail light looks to be usable.
She's back upright again with the help of a board propping the frame. I'll let her set and inform the insurance company about the front wheel and harness and then await their decision.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way,,, but don't forget to pace your self, you dont want to over do things just yet lol, I know it can be hard to sit back at times, but listen to your body👍
Good report though straight to the point, and by the sound of it, the bikes heart is still good to go.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Don't take this the wrong way,,, but don't forget to pace your self, you dont want to over do things just yet lol, I know it can be hard to sit back at times, but listen to your body👍
Good report though straight to the point, and by the sound of it, the bikes heart is still good to go.
Yes sir I am my friend and very sound advise that I'll practice.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Update
The one thing I was kinda worried about was the harness. Well thanks to a Australian restorer I have been able to aquire a complete harness.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts