Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Bees,

Just glad on multiple fronts you're being able to have this conversation with us here. And you seem to have won the mental part of the recovery battle, which is hugely important. Onward and upward.

Take care, and keep us posted.

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
I have to ask, any inserted Titanium?
I speak from personal experience, it is an essential addition. :rolleyes:

(so glad to see the recovery is going OK. FWIW I can highly recommend having a young blonde physio rubbing in baby oil to make you feel much better .......... not sure if it did my wound any good but it was certainly enjoyable.)

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm pretty sure the rights platted. Thinking they're gonna do rods in the immobilized one because of the breaks.

Reactions: deadman

·
BirdDog
601 Posts
Oh my, praying for a full recovery Bee’s. I’m so glad you were geared-up with the good stuff; hope everyone takes note to not skimp on quality gear. Keep us posted on your progress! Be well.

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Trying to keep up with the Jones;s and all their stacks, You were feeling left out, Hahahahaha
Bike following me down the road and or going under the car, Thats down right scary, Mate,
6 months and you will be near perfect again, Unfortunately, Those six months will hurt,

I did the geriatric thing last year when I near tore both my arms off, And I only fell over,
Keep smiling, It dont last long,

Cheers Brian,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wishing you and the bird a speedy recovery, your story is a timely reminder to all of us that ride to always wear the right gear and also realise every cager out there is trying to kill you.
all the best

·
Registered
383 Posts
NO-no-NO-no-NO-no-NO-O-O-Ohhhh!! :eek:

That sounds and LOOKS like a real shaker-uppper, Bro, BUT - from your replies on here you're doing (probably) better than expected, considering what you've been through.
The road to recovery might be tough, but not as tough as you - and I'm sure that anyone seeing those pictures who appreciates your usual straight-talking, no-nonsense approach to life would agree that you're certainly not a cry-baby. Keep checking in and keep us up to date - and fe-eel the love, my brother. 🥰

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Bees.

Best wishes,

DA.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Bees,
Sorry to hear of your recent off. Prayers and condolences to you and the Bird. Heal fast and keep the doctors on their toes. Some don't like being questioned , but it's your right to know everything they are doing and why. My hip replacement surgery 2 years ago resulted in severe pain after 30 days. Upon investigation , a Staph Infection with MRSA was found in the wound and a second surgery was necessary , to " Clean It Out ." . The same orthopedic surgeon told me there was a 20% chance of a Staph infection every time you enter an operating room. I asked him why I wasn't told this before the first surgery. He basically said they were trying a lot of new procedures at Emory but there was nothing to date being done that would or could reduce the odds. Apparently , the doctors and nurses carry the infection due to prolonged exposure to it , but have antibodies in their system , which keeps them walking around with it but still functional in their respective jobs. I had 12 days in isolation , 4 months of home therapy with IVs twice a day to try and kill the remaining Infection. Guess what ? I still have pain in that healed wound and I'm still taking antibiotics. My last conversation about my continued pain after 2 surgeries with the same surgeon resulted in him telling me I had 2 choices. We could operate a 3rd time or I may have to be on antibiotics for the rest of my life !I just upgraded my antibiotics and added one to my daily regimen of 18 other " getting older " meds. At 76 , I can safely advice our younger riders , Wear The Best Gear and " Old Age Ain't For Sissies ." Stay Safe !

Rollie

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,486 Posts
Bees,
I echo all the sentiments written above. Have been super busy and not on any of my forums for months and I come back to this very unfortunate news. How is your best half taking this?
Did you have all your new fiberglass panels on this bird?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you very much for the insight rollie. The staff here has very extremely diligent about infection containment. I'm at one of leading trauma centers for the Phoenix Valley with them my beliefs God and Jesus's power to n protect and heal the sick and lame. Along with all of the great outpouring if support well wishes and prayers. I'm well on my to normal life and full recovery 🙏
Praise be to the glory of God and his son Jesus. And too all that have blessed me with thier kind words of encouragement.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts