Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well
Took a very bad hit Tuesday heading into work. So my babies going to be getting some reconstructive surgery. As am I.
Laying here in Banner Thunderbird. Right tibia pinned an plated. Left leg waiting for trauma swelling to go down. It's in an immobilizer. Left hip was also broke but lined back up that one's going be natural healing. After I hit the ground and slide. I got ran over and dragged 30 to 40 ft under the car. But I'm here an healing. Never lost conscience through the entire ordeal.
Ride safe gear up folks it's a life or death choice.ying here too. Right tibia pinned an plated. Left leg waiting for trauma swelling to go down. It's in an immobilizer. Left hip was also broke but lined back up that one's going be natural healing. After I hit the ground and slide. I got ran over and dragged 30 to 40 ft under the car. But I'm here an healing. Never lost conscience through the entire ordeal.
Ride safe gear up folks it's a life or death choice.

·
Registered
602 Posts
:eek:....beestoys......what a horrible thing to happen, and getting dragged by a car....... :censored:me, what's wrong with car drivers :mad:.

Hang in there and heal up, then lawyer up and get even :devilish:.

My best wishes to you......I also know how the bitumen feels after a car knocked me off......but my injuries were nothing compared to yours!

·
Registered
1998 Blackbird
83 Posts
Gutted mate, here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery but me being me my first question in 1997 when we got knocked off was "hows the bike look" wasnt bothered about my broken shoulder or the wife.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,759 Posts
Hang in there bees.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Bees! What the fk bro!

So so sorry to hear this news. Hugely relieved to hear you're alive and mendable (bionic Bee going fwd?).

I trust they got the party that hit you and that they do the right thing by you and your Bird.

Sounds like you'll be on hospital food for a while. I trust the meds manage your pain and the nurses lift your spirits. If I was States side I'd swing by with "grapes & flowers" just to tell you "chin up" and to "keep stiff upper lip", giggle at your scratches (my bad) and tell you that most things'll polish out 😉.

If bored just PM any time to shoot the breeze. One can only take so much HBO and counting ceiling tiles (trust me, I've been there… 3 months in my case but not mangled up).

Get well soon. We're all with you here on the forum.

Warmest regards Mallow1

·
Registered
719 Posts
WOW! Holly sh_ _! Man! glad yur alive after such a horrific ordeal... Got flashes of my tumble, slide and broken toes after smacking back of idiot driver who cut in front of me at 70mph... But being dragged under a car!!! 😱
Now it’s time to heal. Take ALL the time you need Beestoys. It may be a slow painful process BUT you will get there and I’m sure you have the FULL SUPPORT of ALL the members here on this amazing forum. Your BB will be willing and waiting when the time is right. Take care man.

·
Registered
286 Posts
DAMN!

You're alive and able to post on the forum. That's what is most important.

Wish you a very speedy recovery and if that New Age energy healing by intent thing has any truth to it you are getting a lot from me, friend.

Ross

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wow not good, rest up and do what the doctors tell you yo do lol.

Get some music to listen too, you've got plenty of hills your going to be climbing up a head.

I am sure everyone on here will be following how your getting on, so keep us all posted.

And if you need to vent go right ahead,

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Human body Jaw Neck Sleeve Eyelash

Comfort Textile Sleeve Wood Chair

Bees, when you get a chance, let us know what gear you were wearing and how well it worked.
Gladly Morgan
The jacket was an Alpinestars Airtech. It had already been deployed so I was wearing just the jacket. Given the nature of secondary collision it's probably just as well. The jacket protected my upper body from all abrasions. The main damage was done from the vehicles exhaust system burning me. As such I am very lucky this was the only extent of abrasions. Despite being dragged 30 to 40 under the car.
My lower pants and gloves are made by a company called Motoport USA. I believe the level of Armour I bought kept the hip an leg damages to Survivable and reduced the severity. The plus to them is that Motoport has a repair and rebuild service. Below is the pants kitted out for my daily ride
The helmet was an Aria Signet X and kept me from ANY head trauma completely.
The gear is expensive but it along with God and his son Jesus's protection over is allowing us to have this conversation 5 days after the crash.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts