Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've got a troublesome 2000 Blackbird. I bought it used a few months ago and it ran beautifully. A couple of weeks ago, I was riding and everything was fine. Out of nowhere, my bike lost all its power, and wouldn't rev. It started backfiring and died. I pulled over, started it again, and it started right up. Idled fine, revved all the way up to 12k, so I tried to keep riding. About a quarter mile later, the same thing happened. Whenever my bike gets warm, it happens. I'm absolutely baffled. I had a bad fpr, and replaced it. Still happening. Plugs and plug wires are good. I even did the wire loom fix. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

·
Registered
845 Posts
sounds like fuel starvation if you have no other warning lights etc, here's a hunch

look inside the petrol tank for rust/corrosion, if so then the fuel pump filter is blocked, if not then I would still be looking at the pump/fuel delivery as the source - when you have the issue put your ear on the tank and listen to the pump

if the filter is blocked you can blow fuel back through it to clear it temporarily but will block again if the tank is rusty/corroded inside, it happens if fuel is left in there for a long period and unused

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agree with Geoff it does sound like fuel starvation, another one to check would be breather for the tank, not sure on the blackbird weather its in the cap or not?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ride with the fuel cap open a couple of miles. If it behaves it’s likely the breather is shot / blocked

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ride with the fuel cap open a couple of miles. If it behaves it’s likely the breather is shot / blocked
be careful if your gonna attempt this, you might coat your bike in petrol.

Or next time it cuts out slowly lift the cap see if you can hear a hiss, the vacuum letting air in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys! Sorry for not replying sooner. I worked the problem out. I replaced my fuel filter. Still did it. Sprayed some WD40 on the kill switch and flicked it back and forth a few times, and she ran like a dream!

Now she's not getting any injector pulse. Curse this bike. Any advice on that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts