·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for other bird owners in AZ Surprise AZ here

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sierra Vista.... My Bird doesn't go far, more of a toy for me than a serious rider, plan on keeping it a low mileage bike at 6100 now and its an 03. I have a Sport Touring bike that likes to eat up miles so I let it. I would be nice to see a bunch of Birds in one place

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Lank if your intrested there is a annual new years day run up to TTF (Tortilla Flats) there will be 2 of us there at least. I use my bird for a daily driver and love riding it to much to not. But I understand your wanting to keep the mileage down on yours.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bought a 2003 BB on Friday 2/17/12. It is located in Vegas and was purchased for me by a family member who lives there. I will not be taking possession of it till sometime in June, but look forward to putting many miles on her.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome and there are definitely some good places here to enjoy her. Give me a ring when you take possession and we can make a run sometime. June 6th is the annual Devils Run from Springerville. It's a weekend run on a pretty impressive route the wife and I will be going again this year. There are a couple other birds in the area we could round up as well and make a group ride locally. Hope to hear more from you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Beestoys..
I picked her up last weekend in Vegas. What a joy to ride her home. I am currently looking into the devils run and will let you know if I am able to make it. Need to get different bars... seems these are too low for long distance riding.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heli bar is one option the second is the later years VFR not sure of the exact year but if you run a search you'll get the years that fit. congrats and give me a holler if you want to ride. MartyG and XX are also here and riding birds as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up a silver '02 yesterday from the original owner, paid $3900 power commander, K&N and some donmotto cans 20k miles only one issue, dent in the tank that I can't so far over look. Anybody know a motorcycle dent repair person. Called all around and nobody seems to do this service for motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doer
Snap me a pic and I'll let you know what can be done. I am over in Surprise.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok bump and call I know there are a few more of us out here now chime in and lets pick a meet place

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey. I'm here in North central Phoenix. There's some poker run coming up soon that I might join a friend on, for a charity. Either way, I'll be down for a shorter run: still have few miles under my belt.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pinging this up again to see if there are any adds and to let you all know about Devils run and any other ride get togethers. I know of some of you and have met you there are a few others I have crossed paths with ping back and lets get a group together

·
JUST RIDE!
182 Posts
Hoss here.....lets ride!!!! I'm in North Phoenix Bell and 20th st. Message me and I can give a number! Good to see some other riders out here.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wish I could already have commitments in the morning. Enjoy!
Roger that
Dave what's the com system your using. Got my Cardo's finally

·
Registered
994 Posts
LOL - I was JUST about to "suggest" to anyone going on the ride: in our group we'll already have at least three of the Sena 20s' - the new version. Matt, that's mostly for you since I knew Brian was getting a Cardo. Oh, and Matt if you don't have a headset I have a used Sena SMH5-FM for sale if you want one. Might even sell the wife's SMH5 (not FM) if you want two of them.

·
Super Moderator
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the scala Q3 now and am gonna probably pull the trigger on a g9.
HOSS
I'll be able to intercom with you fully according to Cardo. Dave thinking I should be able to bluetooth to you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts