Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The voltage was going lower and I never got the chance to replace the battery. I was chasing an electrical gremlin on the daughter's Rebel. Found and fixed it. But the battery on the XX is dead. Was going to replace the battery and the rear tire on the XX but the son had a mishap with my tractor and I have to repair a section of fence now instead. Will let you guys know what the results are. My 10 yr old battery is a X2POWER sold at batteries Plus. They said that that battery is now sold under the Duracell name. Just in case you're wondering.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Well, finally got around to replacing the battery. Here are pics of my new LiFePO battery. I like these Scorpions and have had no bad experiences with them. The one in my ST1300 sat all winter and fired the bike right up as if I had ridden it yesterday instead of 4 months ago. Had to vacuum out the battery compartment as a mouse had stored a bunch of mouse/rat poison I had put around the corners of the garage. Put the spacers on the bottom of the new battery and slid it in and the fit was very, very good. Plan on changing the tire tonight. Then will start doing diagnostics on the charging system as you guys suggested. This is my 3rd scorpion lithium ion battery plus 1 shorai for the Rebel. Really like them and for around $140 from battery-stuff.com don't see why I should buy a good quality lead acid battery for the same price or a little less. I took some ear plugs and cut off the ends then put them inside the battery terminals then depressed the foam and placed the battery nut on top. This holds the nut in place and makes it easy to attach the bolt with a few extra leads connected for heated clothing or other things.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Got the tire changed and fired up the bike and put a voltmeter on it. Voltage drops from 13.4 to 11.9 or slightly higher on start then back to 13.4 at idle. Rev it to 2000 rpm and voltage climbs to 14.2. Bike was charging just fine. Went for a ride and the voltages are fine. Old battery must have been the problem.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Ok it is still at higher revs cruising around 70 mph or higher it is dropping down to just above 12. Will be figuring out the best way of hooking up a voltmeter and going for a ride.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.