Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Anyone Need A Helmet?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Oldschool 
#1 · (Edited)
I was helping my cousin clean out his house last weekend, and we came across a cardboard box. i looked inside and it was full of helmets... brand new helmets. Knowing he doesn't ride I asked him what he was doing with them. He said he took them as payment for some work he did previously for a client (he creates advertisements). I asked him how much the guy owed him to get so many helmets. He said the gal owed him well over $3K. He didn't want the helmets, but it was better than nothing.

Knowing I ride bikes, and deal on craigslist, he asked me if I might be able to sell them for him. I said, OK I'll try. :idunno:

So, if anyone is in need of a VERY NICE helmet, have I got a deal for you. :eyebrows:

What I have is six, lightweight, super strong, full face Bell helmets. Unfortunately, they are all medium size. Not to be confused with bargain Bells, these helmets are top-of-the-line STAR composite helmets. The shells are what's called Trimatrix Composite, and is a combination of Kevlar, carbon fiber, and fiberglass. There were eight of them, but I already bought two for myself (one for my wife and one for my daughter). These are not seconds or blemished in some way. They are brand new (virgin) and are beautiful. They are not 2015 they are 2008. But as I said they are unused and have never been worn. They are 2007 Snell. If you're interested, make me an offer, and I'll pass it along. If it's reasonable (he doesn't expect to get anything close to retail) he'll likely take it.

I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND AND DECIDED NOT TO SELL THESE AFTER SOME RECENT FEEDCACK I'VE RECEIVED. MY APPOLOGIES IF I HAVE WASTED YOUR TIME.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Me too Reefdiver! I'll run your offer past Gerry, Rollie, and we'll see what he says. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

I did measure and weigh the helmet so you could calculate shipping costs. Here's what i found:

On its own the helmet weighs in at just 3 lbs., 9 oz.
On its own the box weighs 1 lb. 1/2 oz. The box dimensions are pretty tight at 15" Long x 12" Wide x 13" High.

To ship it I think you'd want to add some packing material for cushioning, which would certainly add some more weight. Foam peanuts are probably lightest per cubic foot, but they're also probably the most expensive. Figure the shipping origination city will be Bremerton, WA 98337, as I have a U.S. Post Office across the street from where I work (in Bremerton).

If you're local we can meet at a mutally agreed upon location.

Thanks for inquiring.

#11 · (Edited)
I don't know SarDoc, you might want to check it out. Departure zip code is 98329.

For anyone contemplating an offer, I've been told by my cousin that he will take $225 for a helmet from anyone that's a member on this forum. That $225 would not include any shipping fees, shipping insurance, or PayPal fees (if you choose to go that route). I will tell you that's a steal for a STAR helmet. The only one that has a committment to buy is the Black one. The other five (including the black & red one, and also the silver one) are still available. If anyone is seriously interested, send me a private message with your zip code and I'll do my best to give you an accurate cost to your area. USPS appears to be the cheapest shipping, but if you prefer another carrier, that's up to you.

I can also post more pictures if you like.
:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.