Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one a few months ago and found over 120 while leaning, it wobbles like a bastard! Anyone else had this? Think I might have to buy a real screen again.

Happy Christmas to all 'Bird owners!!!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I got one a few months ago and found over 120 while leaning, it wobbles like a bastard! Anyone else had this? Think I might have to buy a real screen again.

Happy Christmas to all 'Bird owners!!!!
Type of screen please? So we don't buy the same...

Might also help you: if someone else has same screen without wobble, problem is somewhere else. I were you, I'd kinda wanna know...

My 2¢,

"Speed is Life!"

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Suspension, tires, maybe screen. MERRY CHRISTMAS all.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
whats a cheap screen. no issues myself and my screen cost $30 and as taken me to 260kph, however now that I have way upright bars and enjoy far more than any form of clip ons I do not travel as fast when the opportunity presents itself, in a way thats a good thing!

Merry Ho Ho!!

·
Super Moderator
8,845 Posts
Have run my MRA Sport to 135 with not troubles. At that speed the wheel gyro should counter and windscreen effects. Thinking your issue ie somewhere else. One way to find out pull it and make the run again no screen and see what happens

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
The std screens (earlier lower and later higher with slightly more wrap round) are sturdy beasts, if the non std screen is thinner/more flexible in this area that would cause this problem. I have noticed that the later (but std) screen on my supercharged Bird flexing slightly in this area (at runway testing speeds only) ..... a vibration when set in will generally continue / grow if you hit the natural frequency of the item which could be what is happening here.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yes bikerchris, I bought mine in March as a bent bike and after replacing the necessary parts to test it out I experienced the buffeting from hell.:huh:Ended up taking it off and while waiting for my MRA it rode better with no screen. It got true cruise missile status and then after the shim it got true one with bike handling +:clap:.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Standard earlier screens are very solid and flexible,the cheaper thinner screens can buckle or vibrate, under extreme wind resistance or pressure
but you need to be doing high speed to notice.
I have one of those cheap screens,but use the standard,i cant fault them,they fit and work well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Had the MRA touring screen on for 2 years and done up to 100mumble, mumble, of course not on the publice highway mumble mumble. Never had a problem. I have lowered it and inch and slipped in a 3mm shim, still no probs, only time she did a harry mental was when the front wheel bearings became worn. You can quickly notice vibration thru the bars and vagueness in the steering.

·
Registered
450 Posts
P.S. Can lose your license if you are caught doing over the ton in the UK.:smilebig:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Type of screen please? So we don't buy the same...Might also help you: if someone else has same screen without wobble, problem is somewhere else. I were you, I'd kinda wanna know...My 2¢,
<br><br>
Very good point chap, here's a link to the previous thread, which includes references to the eBay seller: LINKIE HERE

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for everyone else's comments by the way :) much appreciated. When I've got a moment, I'll put the original screen back on. When I bought the bike, I thought I would try the top end (after years on a V-Twin that wasn't top end friendly). It felt so planted at 170-180 on the bends, it was such a pleasure...like Pat said, not on British roads, oh no.

Like most problems ya get on bikes, it's best to do the cheapest things first, so I'll check the tyre pressures too, but they do feel OK to me.

Cheers all and hope you've had a great Chrimbo! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts