Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I do a little drag and sprint racing does anyone else do it or would like to try it?
I sprint race here in Cali! Race an SP2/RC51 in Heavy twins, Formula 40 and Formula 1.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Just got in from the Drag Strip tonight.

My first pass was a 10.98 @ 130.2 mph
not bad considering my R/T was a .612
and my 60' was 1.985 :-(

When and if I ever learn to launch I will be in the mid 10's

Was a sad night at the strip tho due to a custom VTX1800 crashed at the end of the track and pretty sure the rider was killed. Life flighted him out but blood was coming out his ears, nose, mouth and even his eyes. Rescue had to clamp his tounge to his shirt. Didn't look good for him.
Lots of problems on the track tonight so I only got in three passes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would love to do some road course racing but I don't know anywhere to do it up here. Of course I wouldn't do that to the bird but the fzr all day long lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
900RR FRAME/ 1100XX MOTOR WITH NOS/TURBO

Just wanted to say hello to the members on here. I'm new to the forum, an would like to introduce myself, "WILL" is the name, I'm currently building a Drag/Street bike, took a 900RR frame chases, and fitting it with a 1100XX engine, with turbo, nitrous, rpm logger, MPS air shifter, MPS kill switch, Power CommanderIII, Motor is already on the frame...and headed to the powder coat shop... I was looking to see if anybody had anymore Ideas or mechanical technic's to help out on testing and tuning? Thank you.. Have a good mechanic working the project, and as everyone knows, its nice to have advice from others on projects.. Thank... trying to attach pic's.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome Will. Do a search, there has much discussion on turbo these last few weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks I will do that, taking some of the advice from "KENT" on how to do the building of the motor, but he will check more on the net.. mechanic is looking into a Mr. Turbo, and also a Velocity because "Kent" used that one, but we shall see, will keep everyone informed on the project. Nice to meet you..

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Stotz has a lot of his info on his site about what they did to the XX.What I never figured out was the hp jump from 505 to 570,I don't think it was just more boost,don't know if Kent ever put more than 30lbs into it.I always like the rad from the vt600 trick.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
And to answer your question Kenneth,I drag race as often as I can,which is never enough.I am in the process of improving my bike's performance and looking forward to testing which will be no earlier than late April,I'll be posting what happens.
Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
will have to check into the 65 hp jump, either it was more boost, or a combination of boost and fuel, because he says the blackbird engine was one of the strongest motor's he's used, from articles I've read it was a bad as bike..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts