Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Raptor Pilot
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in the greater Seattle area ever use Seattle Cycle Center for service?

I dropped my bike off a couple weeks ago for new tires, oil change and some carb work. Finally got the bike back Saturday, after waiting two weeks for them to get to it, and when i went to ride it today there were several issues:

1. Oil Dipstick was loose. Barely on actually
  2. They failed to put the inner cowl back on (not sure how i missed this when i picked it up. just to excited to have my bird back i guess)
  3. Leaking oil from the filter ( looks like it was over tightened)

Just wondering what others experiences have been and what i might expect in trying to get them to remedy the issue. I'm kicking myself for not doing a more thorough walk around when I picked it up. Little worried now about what else was done wrong.:pissed:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have not used them but there is a shop closer to you you might want to try in the future. Seattle Cycle Service in Mountlake Terrace. The owner has a really good reputation in the Seattle area and he did a great job for me on a vintage bike recently that now runs like new.
I can't say if his fees are reasonable or not since I usually do my own work so when I got the bill I was a bit shocked but he is probably no more expensive than the average shop.
Bottom line is I trust his work and was impressed by his knowledge of bikes.
Seattle Cycle Service - About Us

Re your experience with SCC. I would take it back ASAP and point out the miscues. They need to make it right and do it while you wait. Hopefully they will take care of you right away. I checked the reviews and they do seem to have a lot of high ratings.
Good luck

·
Raptor Pilot
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation Bigfoot. I've frequented SCC a lot over the years, but mostly for gear and accessories, never for service. I've heard good things mostly and they always have a backlog of service work it seems (thus the two weeks waiting for them to get to mine as they don't do appt).

I normally do the easier stuff, like oil changes, myself as well. However I wanted the carb looked at, and at a minimum cleaned and re-sync'd, which was a little more than I was comfortable taking on. So i figured since they were going to have it apart for that, might as well have em do the oil while they were there.

Any way, I called them and they did make it right though. Took the bird back in this afternoon and they replaced the Oil filter (bad o-ring according to the Mech?) and put the inner half cowl back on (apparently missed it when he put it back together). So all's well for now, but still a little reluctant to go back there at this point.

I will likely give your recommendation a try next time I have some work i need done. I wasn't aware of them. At the very least it would definitely be closer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dude, I'm in Mill Creek man!!! Top of 164th in fact. I have a garage full of tools, a lift and am easily bribed with beer. Hit me up sometime and we can get an oil change knocked out in less than 30 minutes!! I'm not too good with carbs but I can do most stuff and I have a manual and an IQ slightly higher than a stapler so between the two of us I'm sure we can figure out 75% of whatever comes about!

·
Raptor Pilot
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer Irish, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your experience is why I have found myself doing all the work myself to my bikes. Used to visit SCC a while back to look for gear. Have had similar experiences with shops not putting all fasteners back or taking weeks and weeks to do carb work. (Back when I had VTRs).

Glad to hear they made it right for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts