Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well and keeping the rubber side down :thumb:

Just wondering if anyone's fitted some nice exhausts to their bird (mine's an 2006) and would recommend them? Only need of mine is to keep it as quiet as the standard ones, may be a bit louder if necessary. I'm not really a 'I'm in desperate need of your attention, please look at me!!!' kinda rider, also I use it for work and don't want customers thinking I'm a hoooooligan! :evilaugh: Oh, and it'll be nice if they could be bought IN the UK, as I don't want anything lost in the post or get hammered for import duty! :crap:

Cheers!

Chris (UK)

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Try the search. Delkelvic or Fuel or some Brit brand is my suggestion. You'll only get a weight saving and will need a full system to gain power. Then you may need a fuelling system, PC iii, or the like. So then you just want more noise then.
Full system, lighter, some power gain, and somewhat affordable except you pay shipping, exchange rate etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bikerchris

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Akra are a challenge to find as they do not make them for the Bird any longer. My full Yosi RS3 was only about $700 several years ago. For the track, what baffles?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
Have a look at Motad Venoms...

Inexpensive and with the baffles in they are civilised. They're inexpensive but decent quality, and if you peel the kinda ugly sticker off, they look like they belong there. I got the slipons. I think I still have them in the basement actually. They give a nice, slightly updated but semi-stock look with the swept outlet, if you ask me.

Reactions: bikerchris

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
That's cool how the exhaust tips mimic the tail.
Exactly what I thought. They sounded mellow but deeper than the stockers at around-town speeds, even with the db-killers out. Weigh far less too, but then again, almost anything does. :)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Some of Y'all got way to many road rules where you live.

My duel yoshi's are the ticket for me as I enjoy listening to my motor ramp up hearing them pipes roar....and yes with ear plugs in, only because of wind noise in the helmet.
Me happy living in South Texas rules.
Stex, piping out

Reactions: muzza55

·
Registered
157 Posts

These look like they were manufactured especially for the BB lol. British made. Haven't got them myself. I've got Danmoto carbons. You can hear my "Shirley" from a couple of miles away.
But I've seen and heard a couple of BBs with these on. A nice deep note but not as loud as most.

"The Lunatics have Taken over the Asylum"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would also suggest you look at the GPR range. I don't have them (yet) but I have seen a couple on bikes ( rode a BMW k1300 with a GPR can) and the quality of the product wasvery good. They were not "shouty - look at me" loud but they sounded awesome. Deep and and throaty. IMO they were no louder than stock cans at low to mid revs on the BM. Just a different sound.

They are made in Italy but there is a UK distributor with a UK website and telephone number. Just my opinion but I like them. Not mega-buck either. Their most expensive set for the BB is less than £600 for carbon.

GPR Motorcycle exhausts | www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
Have a look at Motad Venoms...
Motad, not often mentioned but in my experience very good kit. Over the years I have used their stainless headers to replace rotted out mild steel pipes on various bikes and they have always been a perfect fit and very well priced (just looked at their catalogue and they do make systems for both carbie and inj Birds) .... one of those companies that has been around for 50 years and just gets on with it without shouting their name at every opportunity.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your comments.

Mayfield - just wondering but how much are those Motad Venoms?

So far I've found Simmi Performance which seem pretty good based on ebay comments. And they're around £245 and made in England.

SouthTexas - yeah we do have many rules over here, but they're often ignored! :thumb: Most of my mates are fair weather riders and have loud pipes, but I use my bike every day, riding to customers, etc., so I can't arrive at their door with a 'look at me' exhaust system :(

One thing we do have is a much smaller country than yours, which means the chance of seeing police is greater. So because of that I really like standard pipes and a functional looking bike - because if I feel like riding like a twat, they don't seem to care! :clap:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have been looking at getting a set of black widow exhaust. Header to muffler. They carry different lengths of mufflers so you can choose how loud you want to brand all come with db killers. They are make I the UK and look like good quality stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts