Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not finding anything poking around from main fuse holders. Enjoyed going thru the old extra lighting wiring and cleaned it up. Got couple ideas for improvements. Going to put her back together and try a road ride. Basically no speedo, tach, gas gauge, running lights. Who needs em. Got head and tail light turn sigs, and she runs.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not finding anything poking around from main fuse holders. Enjoyed going thru the old extra lighting wiring and cleaned it up. Got couple ideas for improvements. Going to put her back together and try a road ride. Basically no speedo, tach, gas gauge, running lights. Who needs em. Got head and tail light turn sigs, and she runs.
All the things that you say aren't working go through Fuse B. But so does the Tail light. So if tail light is working this tells me fuse B is likely intact but there is a worrying issue impacting part of that circuit only. Do the neutral and oil lights work? Does temp guage work? Those things also on fuse b.

Are you CERTAIN tail light works and not just brake light? Given you were messing around in tail section when this happened maybe you have a short to tail light? Pull fuse B. Does this kill tail light or does it stay lit?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks so much. I had gone thru everything and rewired and cleaned up connections on auxiliary lights and LEDs. I was prompted by your message to recheck the main fuses and SURE ENOUGH, third one out and 2nd questionable so replace both and SHAZAM! Great feeling having clean responsive power again! Thanks Leighb! Got first ride in today in quite a while up to Mt Evans Colorado just a couple hours away. I believe the highest mountain with a road although snow heave and holes were buggers. I'll go post in "show us your ride!"

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks so much. I had gone thru everything and rewired and cleaned up connections on auxiliary lights and LEDs. I was prompted by your message to recheck the main fuses and SURE ENOUGH, third one out and 2nd questionable so replace both and SHAZAM! Great feeling having clean responsive power again! Thanks Leighb! Got first ride in today in quite a while up to Mt Evans Colorado just a couple hours away. I believe the highest mountain with a road although snow heave and holes were buggers. I'll go post in "show us your ride!"
Glad to see things back to normal. Electrical gremlins can be a real bugger to solve.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts