Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between the brake line layout of carbie and injected bikes? Can't imagine there is, but thought I would ask.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Is there any difference between the brake line layout of carbie and injected bikes? Can't imagine there is, but thought I would ask.
Actual lines - no

The PCV ( Presure Control Valve ) changed on the Fi to provide less pressure to the rear brake so the bike stayed more stable under braking.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just got a full set of braided hoses for the front and back brakes and the clutch. What is going to be the most efficient way of bleeding this once fitted, other than getting Pete and Ade over for a spanner party :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
The clutch is no big deal, bit of plastic tube works well.
The rest a combination of blow and suck with something like this should speed up the process
syringe.jpg

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Then when your done doing all the drawing go back to the old tried and true pump crack bleed close repeat. And follow the factory guide for the order. Don't be afraid to tap unions with a brass rod or hammer to shake out stock bubbles. Then when your done go back to the masters of echo system and gently squeeze then snap release the levers/handles. You'll see small bubbles come up into the reservoirs. Keep this up until all the bubbles stop. Ohh when bleeding the slaves or calipers fine bubbles are most likely it leaking air past the nipple and the hose. Your looking for large bubbles in the line. Once those are gone go to the partial squeeze and release. This bleeds any air caught in the lines most the time above the caliper/Slave. Then if you have the time block the respective masters open with the covers off overnight. This let's any other trapped air to bleed to the highest point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts