Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just acquired a 2000 Bird in titanium. 12k original miles from original owner... LOVE the look of the bike. It's 98% stock and original, and I'll be popping u here llooking for the few parts I'll be needing to bring it back to full original. In the Buffalo NY area. Very cool to add this to my little collection... not so cool as I've completely run out of space in my garage/workshop. Currently in the space, 2000 Blackbird, 70 commando 750 halo headlight roadster, (2) 2009 Harley XR1200 one in orange the other black ( I know, right? They just landed in my lap.), 2009 sportster 883, 1991 Suzuki DR250S (don't ask me why I grabbed this one... it's mint, but I honestly need a stepstool to get on the damn thing)

Pleasure to meet y'all... CM

PS - When the weather breaks a bit here, maybe I'll drag them all into the sun for a family pic

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,463 Posts
Looking forward to the pic.
Small garages are a bit of a struggle but better than no garage like some members on this forum!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some is better than none - how true it is! Forgot mods to the bird - VERY minimal. 2 brothers aluminum slip ons, dynojet power commander and a K&N drop in filter. That's it. Otherwise, bike is in perfect showroom condition. And FWIW, the lack of space is my own doing!

·
Administrator
9,530 Posts
Welcome aboard mine started out the same, had 18,000 on it when I got it. Got a few more mods and miles on it since then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all, just acquired a 2000 Bird in titanium. 12k original miles from original owner... LOVE the look of the bike. It's 98% stock and original, and I'll be popping u here llooking for the few parts I'll be needing to bring it back to full original. In the Buffalo NY area. Very cool to add this to my little collection... not so cool as I've completely run out of space in my garage/workshop. Currently in the space, 2000 Blackbird, 70 commando 750 halo headlight roadster, (2) 2009 Harley XR1200 one in orange the other black ( I know, right? They just landed in my lap.), 2009 sportster 883, 1991 Suzuki DR250S (don't ask me why I grabbed this one... it's mint, but I honestly need a stepstool to get on the damn thing)

Pleasure to meet y'all... CM

PS - When the weather breaks a bit here, maybe I'll drag them all into the sun for a family pic
Sounds good man,I just joined myself yesterday, didn't know there were other owners from U.S. lol.I'm new to this forum but an old owner,I was wondering why there are so many blackbirds in the U.K.?I mean it's cool but I had no idea,people in the States must be scared of them or something lol.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,728 Posts
1991 Suzuki DR250S (don't ask me why I grabbed this one... it's mint, but I honestly need a stepstool to get on the damn thing)
I'm just doing up a 95 DR350SE to pissfart around the local dirt roads and beach carparks and quick trips to shops. Lowering links are the answer. KoubaLinks. The interstate express BB has an interesting relationship with dirt roads, especially if you have hiccups. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good man,I just joined myself yesterday, didn't know there were other owners from U.S. lol.I'm new to this forum but an old owner,I was wondering why there are so many blackbirds in the U.K.?I mean it's cool but I had no idea,people in the States must be scared of them or something lol.
Where you at in the states? I'm around Buffalo NY and rarely are these bikes seen here... usually, they're looking like they've been "ridden hard and hung up wet" and all shot out before 40k miles are on them. When I took it in for it's annual inspection, the guys at the shop were in amazement at the condition of "the big guy". Rides like a dream and is as gentle as a kitten... until... then it grows serious fangs and claws when you dump the throttle. I can understand why the previous owner scared himself sh!tless and parked it for a time. At 54 years old, I understand how vicious these bikes can be, and I have a DEEP respect for them, hence the reason why I'm still around to tell this lol. That being said, these things hit a hundred mph easier than any other bike I've owned can hit 30mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just doing up a 95 DR350SE to pissfart around the local dirt roads and beach carparks and quick trips to shops. Lowering links are the answer. KoubaLinks. The interstate express BB has an interesting relationship with dirt roads, especially if you have hiccups. Welcome to the forum.
Yours start like a [email protected] as well or have you sorted it? There is most definitely a trick to these bikes.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,463 Posts
They sold them until 2007 or 2008 in Europe. Only 2003 in the State's is what I figure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where you at in the states? I'm around Buffalo NY and rarely are these bikes seen here... usually, they're looking like they've been "ridden hard and hung up wet" and all shot out before 40k miles are on them. When I took it in for it's annual inspection, the guys at the shop were in amazement at the condition of "the big guy". Rides like a dream and is as gentle as a kitten... until... then it grows serious fangs and claws when you dump the throttle. I can understand why the previous owner scared himself sh!tless and parked it for a time. At 54 years old, I understand how vicious these bikes can be, and I have a DEEP respect for them, hence the reason why I'm still around to tell this lol. That being said, these things hit a hundred mph easier than any other bike I've owned can hit 30mph.
No joke,when the bird is tuned correctly, it is a force to be reckoned with. I live in south Georgia, I'm right there with ya I'm 53 owned the bird for years,only has 40,000 original miles real good shape,just minor scratches, I've had her to 200 about 10 times maybe,but takes a long smooth rode (interstate) to do it 160,170 all day long no problem. But I usually like to cruise around 100.I don't dog it out every time man.Blackbirds dont start running good until 85 or 90,then its a whole other bike,seriously it's like a whole different power band kicks in.Good to talk to ya,this forum is cool.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Welcome Foghead. I'm in PA just south of the border where 86 touches PA. We get a ride together every September and still pull in a few XX's. Keep it in mind.

·
Registered
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
45 Posts
Now ain't that the damn truth. These Blackbirds are furious beasts no doubt. And the other day I was on a flat out run on the beast. 187 mph and still pulling hard. But then again I'm only 5 ft 8in at 158 lbs. So with me on the bike ain't nothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts