Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks again for your advice. I was never a fan of aftermarket parts but I may have no choice unless I can find a good used OEM one. Do you know if there is any particular one of these that is the best quality or are they all from one company?

·
Registered
88 Posts
HI i bought one a few years ago as duck says its the angle of the overflow i just cut mine down slightly and put a
jubilee clip on it but i also have fairing grills which is why i cut it with no problems at all it cost £45 and i have the original
as a spare its just dirty

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the engine is running hot, well the water system, how about a different thermostat that opens at a slightly lower temp if such is available for the BB or maybe the existing thermostat is duff?

I've been looking at Chinese ali rads on Ebay and the welding looks dreadful even the one in the link up thread. Many years ago I had an ali radiator made for a car engine upgrade and whilst the rad cost a lot, it was a work of art. If going bespoke is it poss to make the BB radiator core any thicker to improve cooling efficiency? Even a bespoke ali rad made in the UK would be cheaper than a new OEM Honda one if they were available.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts