Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I'm writing on the right board!

THE MOAN FIRST: I've had my local bike mechanic friends change my tyres, for probably 10 years now, but for a while now, the 'mates rates' is starting to be a little irritating. Last Tuesday for instance, I asked in advance if it was ok to replace my front boot(tyre), when I arrived at 1:30pm I didn't expect to be top priority. But when 4:30 arrives, 3 hours later, I'd had enough of hanging around and left. They apologised, but they don't replace a 'not too far from illegal' tyre.

So here's my question, I have a pathetic electric air compressor, 8 Litres in capacity. Do you think it's man enough to power one of those tyre changing / bead breaking machines? Here's a little pic of it:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Scooter Car Automotive exterior

Thanks and keep the rubber side down! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
g`day chris,the old saying.a freind in need is a pain in the arse comes into play here.i dont change my own tyres ,bike car,or truck anymore as ive got wiser with age,mate get the wheels of.deflate them.a couple of good tyre irons, a bit of detergent and you will kick arse,its piss easy (im just lazy ).havent used the bead breaking machines you have in mind,but you would nead a lot more grunt than that.,cheers kev

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hopefully I'm writing on the right board!

THE MOAN FIRST: I've had my local bike mechanic friends change my tyres, for probably 10 years now, but for a while now, the 'mates rates' is starting to be a little irritating. Last Tuesday for instance, I asked in advance if it was ok to replace my front boot(tyre), when I arrived at 1:30pm I didn't expect to be top priority. But when 4:30 arrives, 3 hours later, I'd had enough of hanging around and left. They apologised, but they don't replace a 'not too far from illegal' tyre.

So here's my question, I have a pathetic electric air compressor, 8 Litres in capacity. Do you think it's man enough to power one of those tyre changing / bead breaking machines? Here's a little pic of it:

View attachment 41878

Thanks and keep the rubber side down! :thumb:
Man enough to break the beads? yes. Man enough to run the rest of the functions? no. Paul,:).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man enough to break the beads? yes. Man enough to run the rest of the functions? no. Paul,:).
Balls, thanks mate :smilebig:

I might get this then(?):

Mechanics Workshop Garage Motorcycle Tyre Bead Breaker Motorbike Tyre Changer | eBay only thought of the pneumatic option, because I kinda buggered myself with a crash a few years ago (shattered pelvis/hip/leg, etc.) and I'm still suffering if I do anything too exertive...yeah, not proud days for me lately!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeh mate, That will work fine. You just need to wrap the top tubing with high density foam and secure it with cable ties or electrical tape. Otherwise you may mark the rims. Have a look at the ,fit your own tyres, thread for a cheaper option. It really is quite simple. Paul.:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh mate, That will work fine. You just need to wrap the top tubing with high density foam and secure it with cable ties or electrical tape. Otherwise you may mark the rims. Have a look at the ,fit your own tyres, thread for a cheaper option. It really is quite simple. Paul.:)
Ah cheers Paulio, muchos appreciated :)

g`day justme,glad you posted,havent had a lot to do with pneumatics,we can all learn from each other thats whats so cool with this site,kev
G'day Kev, yeah, it's a splendid site indeed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts