Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does someone know the answer off hand whether a 99 OEM windscreen will fit my 03 Bird? Spent a lot of time trying to get the right part numbers and no luck. Just want to answer someone offering a nice new screen.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will fit 100% fine!
:)
HUGELY appreciated! My old one is scuffy from the the previous owner putting on a heavy bike cover. This one is new OEM. USD30.00 + 15.00 shipping. The aerodynamics of the stock bird are the best anywhere (at least for me at 5'10").

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
No worries man.
That sounds good for a new oem screen.
I am currently using an MRA Vario screen, which I would recommend happily. Having said that, if the oem fits you well, then its just fine too!

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
As Elvetost has said, straight swap but the screens are slighly different (I prefer the 99 one and I'm 5'10) the earlier one (pre 2001) was about 20mm lower at the top lip and had a slightly smaller wrap round at the two top edges.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Elvetost has said, straight swap but the screens are slighly different (I prefer the 99 one and I'm 5'10) the earlier one (pre 2001) was about 20mm lower at the top lip and had a slightly smaller wrap round at the two top edges.
Oops. Well, it should be all right. The present one (03) is aerodynamically perfect. Here in Boston and eastern Massachusetts, one needs to ride at least an hour of interstate before getting to the good roads. I just put my ankles on the back pegs, lie down on the tank and grip the frame with my knees. I cab go all day like that until we get to the good bits.

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
I usually rest my left arm on the tank and kinda get my gangsta lean on....
I'd think that sticking my feet against the rear pegs might be a stretch, but I shall give it a go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts