Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so 2 birds first is 98 roller fi bike minus motor and and cooling system , last night i got a wrecked 97 carb model with this motor fit in this frame with no issues ?
2nd can a carb motor be switch over to fi ?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
An XX titled as a '98 should not be fuel injected. Its build date may be late '98 if you're reading the sticker, but it would be a '99 model to be fuel injected.

The carbed engine and the injected engine will fit in either frame. The mount points are the same.

You cannot switch a carbed engine to fuel injection unless you change the head. You would of course still need all the FI stuff that should be part of your roller. And the throttle bodies.

The pulse generator is the same, but the pulse rotor would need to be changed to the injected version. Keep in mind the stator is lower output, so if you pull an extra load that may be an issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some odd reason I keep calling my roller a 98 when it is infact a 99 , my bad anyways motor is in the frame an bike is coming together pretty good a few things here and there are diffrent but so far I have found a way threw them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts