Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY HOSES GET HARD AS A ROCK BY THE TIME IT'S TIME TO SHUT THE CHOKE DOWN AND SMALL PUDDLE OF COOLANT COMES FROM THE 30K UPPER HOSE. ONCE IT'S WARM NO MORE COOLANT OVERFLOW AND BIKE DOES NOT OVER HEAT BUT HAS TINY BUBBLES COMING UP THROUGH RADIATOR CAP (tiny as in pin tip size) BAD UPPER HOSE LEAKING AIR INTO WATER PUMP OR HEAD GASKET? CAN YOU TAKE HEAD OFF WHILE MOTOR STAYS IN BIKE? :thumbd:

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wouldnt think your head gasket is blown based on what you are describing above, if it was blown and coolant and was involved overheating would be a number one issue and two you would see it in your exhaust. As far as getting as hard as rock thats what they are designed to do but based on what you see there is a leak in the system somewhere probably the upper hose you are pointing out. Rubber tubes dont last forever on any vehicle so start by looking at the suspect hose area where you see the leak orginate.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I wouldn't suspect the head gasket .... just not a common problem. Do you have temp issues at all? .... how long does it take to get to temp? ... A long time could indicate a stuck thermostat ......
Have you changed the coolant and got an airlock?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts