Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

For about 5 years i have been the custodian of HanksXXX Turbo Blackbird. My life has changed and I can no longer ride her as mush as she deserves. I believe HanksXXX build thread is still on this board somewhere. I have added nothing to the bike except scheduled maintenance items, oil, battery, tires, etc etc. The battery and tires were replaced summer of last year and are still very new. The Rear Penske Shock was rebuilt last year.

The left corner of the windscreen is broke off where my son was screwing around in the garage. Along with the bike, a new windscreen and hardware will be included along with a Corbin Smuggler Seat. The paint on the door needs to be sanded and resprayed where the clearcoat did not set up well, but it is not that noticeable when going down the road ;). I also have the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat without the backrest that will be included. Along with Scorpion EXO XXXL and XXL helmets and a XXXL Scorpion Brown leather Jacket. Also are a magnetic tank bag and a rear seat bag. Also the lithium Battery charger will be included. Attached are some older pictures i have, and will upload more pictures today when i get home of the items and Bike.

The Bike is located in Orange Park, FL (Jacksonville is closest large city). Any shipping must be arranged by you and I will be present during loading with pictures of the bike leaving. Bike has a FL title.

I am asking $12,000 for everything included.

I wanted to give the people on this board the chance to purchase this first before i posted on FB or anywhere else. This Board has always offered assistance freely and has been a very inclusive group, willing to help. I also believe a purchaser from here will appreciate and take care of it better than anyone else.

When money is transferred, i will mail you the title and relevant documentation ( dyno sheets for HP and Shocks, manuals for the shocks, etc)

You can contact me here or privately at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's bittersweet to see my bike up for sale again and I must say after having owned over 200 bikes, this is the one and only that still moves me today.
The build experience came when I was laid up and not able to ride for a year and this was my "mental health" project.
The riding experience was unequaled, even today. Completely reliable, 40-45 miles per gallon, 155 lbs tq, 255 HP on high boost, 125-135 and 210-220 on low.
Ride it anywhere with never a second thought.
I'd be happy to fill in any technical details of the build for interested parties...whatever I can do to help her go to another good home.
Matt, thanks for you service, thanks for taking care of her for the last 5 years, all the best in the future.
HanksXXX

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hope someone on the forum is able to buy this bike, so it doesn't get lost out there! Whoever buys a turbo bird will not be disappointed. Nice build quality with power levels to match today's high performance bikes. Good Luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's bittersweet to see my bike up for sale again and I must say after having owned over 200 bikes, this is the one and only that still moves me today.
The build experience came when I was laid up and not able to ride for a year and this was my "mental health" project.
The riding experience was unequaled, even today. Completely reliable, 40-45 miles per gallon, 155 lbs tq, 255 HP on high boost, 125-135 and 210-220 on low.
Ride it anywhere with never a second thought.
I'd be happy to fill in any technical details of the build for interested parties...whatever I can do to help her go to another good home.
Matt, thanks for you service, thanks for taking care of her for the last 5 years, all the best in the future.
HanksXXX
This bike still makes me smile everything I see her. I'm not in a have to sell position, but I hate to see here couped up all the time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
40/45 mpg seems unrealistic? due to the bird being a gas guzzler ive got a 2005 and its never going to get that efficient what's the secret??

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Higher gearing, lotta torque, 42 lbs front and rear in the tires, chain clean, always lubed and adjusted, proper AF ratio...
I could ride the bike at 70-80 mph and still get over 40 mpg...not unrealistic at all...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, life is funny! Hank, it's Phil from the old Suzuki board. I saw this bike in NC and fell in love with it and tested the waters about buying it when I got rid of my KTM.

I bought a CBX instead, and have enjoyed it for years - I don't think I'll ever sell that bike. But I've often wondered how you are, Hank, and what's happening with this amazing bike.

I was reading about bikes on Reddit when a nice stock XX was featured there, and out of idle curiosity I decided to find an XX forum and look through the classifieds to get a sense of the values on these bikes now. And what do I see? And whom?

I'm not in a position to buy it, but I signed up for this board just to be able to say hi and that my sincere hope is that you are well and that this bike finds another deserving owner who will give it the necessary care.

I'll add for others looking at this bike and considering what to do that as someone who's seen & ridden alongside this beast, that price makes my jaw drop. If I had room for a 2nd bike and time to ride it, I'd be on the phone with FL shippers to figure out how to get it to Toronto ASAP.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
40/45 mpg seems unrealistic? due to the bird being a gas guzzler ive got a 2005 and its never going to get that efficient what's the secret??
no unrealistic at all. I would never say the stock BB is a gas guzzler, but higher torque and gearing help tremendously. Of course that severely depends on how big of a smile you want when you twist the throttle.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Phil, great hearing from you.
I appreciate your thoughts on this bike and I'm sure Matt does too.
I sent you a couple PM's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sold to Sizemore Racing INC. Through Iconic Motorbikes in Santa Monica, CA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts