Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am after wiring diagram for the dasboard harness connector for 2005 Honda Blackbird XX 1100. Many thanks for your help.
Am after switching on dashboard on the bench using external power supply.

Green Engineering Auto part Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Gauge Measuring instrument Motor vehicle Watch accessory Auto part

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Check the factory service manual in the resources section. It'll have the connections called out. But be advised you may only be able to activate blacklisting. As for gage activation your going to need the ECM connections coming out of the main harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the factory service manual in the resources section. It'll have the connections called out. But be advised you may only be able to activate blacklisting. As for gage activation your going to need the ECM connections coming out of the main harness
Probably yes would need the ECM. I am after switching on the digital display to display anything as tryng to change the burnt out polariser from the lcd display and would need to find out orientation of the new polariser film.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Your best bet would be it power it up with everything intact and then take your readings off the circuit board itself. The factory schematic is only going to show primary input signals. Unless someone has access to factory details schematics. I suspect they won't as that's getting into factory proprietary information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If at least i get the main supply lines wiuld be a start. Don't need speed signals etc. I just need display shows something. I don't have the bike. Am an electronics engineer trying to help a friend bike owner

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Then the factory manual here in the resources section should give you that much.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I did some fiddling with the dashboard lights this year, so I can help you out, but the thing is I can't find the pinout for the dashboard connector, I thought I had my folders sorted but I can't seem to find it now. But I needed the pinout to test this new backlight that I can change over from a phone, stupid gimmick but I did it for educational purposes, I just ride it with blue / white combination only.

So if you look take apart the entire dashboard PCB, you'll see pins 1, 8, 9 and 16 numbered.

Pin 15 - ground
Pin 7 - backlight
Pin 8 - numbers

I really can't find any better pics, dammit with categorizing and sorting folders, this is the only pic I have of the numbering, hope it helps.

Let me know if it works and also let me know which method did you use to put the RPM needle back in its place, how did you zero it in on 0rpm and how did you ensure that it moves up and down with revs properly. I did manage the zero'ing but I always have trouble making the needle follow the RPM's I think mine lags now a bit, and goes back down bit slower than it's supposed to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts