Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi BB-riders

Is there some BB-riders who can help me with a web address / website where I can get things to solve my 2003 model BB Fuel Indicator (digital) Problem? :huh:

·
Administrator
9,400 Posts
Az
Go to the resource center and dowload the manual specific to your year of bird then run through the fuel system section it will walk you through the FI faults and checking proceedure.

·
Administrator
9,400 Posts
Ok
Misunderstood. You'll want to go into the manual again and look up the sending unit section. There should be a step by step for checking the resistance level as the float travels through its range. If you drain the tank you will be able to see it through the filler neck.
The easiest way I have found is the loosen the 2 bolts at the back of the tank under the seat. this will require taking off the seat. Pop the 2 remaining pieces that connect to the tank back by the seat. they are just push in pieces to a rubber grommet on the tank. Take a 2x4 and prop up the back of the tank. Now go to the right side of the tank throttle side. You will see a small line going to your fuel pressure regulator with a small spring clip. I use a pair of channel lock pliers to squeeze the tangs together and slide the clamp down off the line away from the regulator body. Now get a gas can with a filler neck that reaches to the bottom of the tanks edge. You will be placing the line I am about to describe into it to drain the tank. Take a pair of pliers and squeeze t5he tubing closed be sure your far enough back so as not to damage the line on the end of the fitting by pinching against the metal. You may also want to rotate the line a little to break it free from the regulator fitting. You should hear it click and then spin freely. once you grab the line and squeeze it gently rock it free form the fitting. DO NOT RELEASE the pliers tension until you have the line in the gas can hose. As soon as you release the gas will start to flow. I then open the filler cap to help the tank drain. Make sure you have at least a 6.5 gallon can if your tank is full.
Once its drained you should be able to see the float against the hump of the tank. I have not tried but I think you can get a piece of wire hook shaped into the tank to manually move the float up and down. Then hook a meter into the plug coming from the tank and check your resistance values to the book and see if they match. You will also want to check and see that it rises linearly without any dead spots or big skips. if you have these then you may have a bad sensor (windings shorted or open) mind you may have some jumping depending on how smoothly you can move the float up and down.
Good luck

·
Administrator
9,400 Posts
Great news
what was it so that if anyone else has a similar issue it may help them fix thier issues as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 2003 BB Fuel Indicator (digital)

Ok
.....The easiest way I have found is the loosen the 2 bolts at the back of the tank under the seat. this will require taking off the seat. Pop the 2 remaining pieces that connect to the tank back by the seat. they are just push in pieces to a rubber grommet on the tank. ......
OK I just follow the earlier post by you and found out that it is all about a minor wayering fixing problem. :eyebrows:

·
Administrator
9,400 Posts
Cool
Glad it was an easy fix now go out and ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts